Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

window 8 Laptop e-mails

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, members.

A family member have a problem with his laptop, e-mail (aol), his laptop have window 8. for some reason his laptop not updated his emails just can see the old ones, I try to sysc, turn off his network, clear the temporary files, turn the computer off and take out the battery. but nothing make the new e-mails show up. some one can give me some ideas how to fix this problem. he sais he just change his password, and this is happening. I

thank you for any help you can give me with this problem.

Happy Holidays.

Transit.

Edited by transit, 19 December 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

You need to provide more information, what is the e-mail client used?

...he sais he just change his password, and this is happening. I

Sound like if he is using an e-mail client (Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Mail, etc.) and need to edit the account properties to insert the new password.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, sleepdude Thanks for your help... ok... I not familiar with window 8 operative system.. I know that when he want to see his mail he only go to the envelope that is on the start screen in window 8 and open it... but now when he do that only show the last old email that he received do you can give me step by step how to figure out where to look... again I not familiar with window 8 yet...

Thank you again for you help.

transit.

I try to sync once and the sync in top of the screen said you can not sync because "he" not was available... I don't know what that mean... sorry I'm new with this system...

hope this info help you ... if not please let me know how to proceess

Edited by transit, 19 December 2013 - 02:46 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

I'm not familiarize with the Windows 8 Mail App but check this page it shows how to access the mail account settings to put the new password.

Knowing the account type he use could be also important, gmail, outlook, other and if access by pop3 or IMAP.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, sleepydude let me check that and I come back to you maybe take me one or two day to respond again, I hope you can continue helping me, I just have to put the info here and you can see it? thank you for the help... is appreciated

transit

Happy Holidays