Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

find my webpage

• Please log in to reply

OnceMore

OnceMore

• Pip
  • 9 posts
is there a way for me to host a webpage from my computer and make it visible to the internet? I was considering getting hosting, but I can't find an editing mode that I like from the hosting services I've found. I'd rather just build the page and make it available on my computer, from my network. is that possible?

Advertisements

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Hi OnceMore,
Yes it is indeed possible for you to host the page on your computer. It can be done by installing Apache server on your system. Oh hey check this: http://www.wikihow.c...st-in-Your-Home :thumbsup:

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Yes via Apache or equivalent as TheBigHelper said, but not easily. Apache takes a fair amount if work to setup.

Also, editing HTML pages is no easier for local hosting that it is for remote. You would end up using the same editor, the difference is you would have to publish the page(s) when done rather that just putting them under the htdocs directory.

Meowware

Meowware

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
You could, but you could risk getting your connection DDoSed. I think services like CloudFlare work, but you need a domain.

For free domains go to dot.tk