Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

compaq 2100us laptop

• Please log in to reply

bobrichardson

bobrichardson

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

Has anyone else run across this? I have a 2 yr old (more or less) Compaq 2100US laptop. For the past 6 months or so the fan seems to run almost constantly. Sometimes it seems to go into high gear. There is always warm air coming out of the vent at the side. It's gotten so bad that I always run with a targus dual fan "pad" underneath.

This may or may not be related ... but the battry seems to be shot. Or is that a question for a separate topic.

If anyone has any insight or advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks,

Bob

Advertisements

lizs

lizs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been having this problem too, since about three months after I got mine (new). My battery is fine, though. I've been keeping an eye on the temp, and at times it gets hot enough that the machine just shuts down. I thought it was my climate (first los angeles, now houston!) taking its toll...I'd love a real recommendation, other than additional cooling tricks :tazz: