Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

.NET Frameworks Are Not Installing

• Please log in to reply

Illusive Prime

Illusive Prime

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I reinstalled my Windows 7.

And had a few problems but sorted them.

But as soon as I was back online, I can't seem to install the necessary .NET Frameworks to runs programmes and games.

For example I can't play GTA IV, it just goes to black screen so I think it's to do with that.

The only Frameworks that are on my computer are; 4.5 and 1.1

I hear that you can't manualy install them as they are part of the install package or something.

But apparently didn't install when I restored my computer.

Is there anything I can do because I am really getting frustrated.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts
Hello Illusive Prime

I reinstalled my Windows 7.

Can I ask why you needed to do a fresh install (unbootable computer etc) what type of media was used to do the fresh install (disk or USB thumb drive etc) and from where was the media obtained as in was it a full retail/OEM disk, a burned copy, a downloaded ISO or a back up copy that you made yourself.

Windows 7 SP1 includes .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and can be upgraded from this to include .NET Framework 4,.NET Framework 4.5 and .NET Framework 4.5.1, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 contains it`s required predecessors and so you should have no earlier versions listed on your computer.

You can use/try the standalone installers beginning with .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 (Full Package) but if there is an issue with the OS media itself you may have no success.

Incidentally .NET Framework 1.1 was released more than ten years ago - is the above a typo.

For the black screen issue your system hardware and associated software/drivers will need checking out but only after the above has been addressed/resolved.

Illusive Prime

Illusive Prime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I needed to re-install my Windows because it was acting strange all the time, freezing when using Mozilla Firefox, and I couldn't update my GTAIV game as one of the Developers have said it is my OS file KERNS.DLL or something that is corrupted, and sometimes when watching YouTube videos, and I look at the comment section, the video goes a bit funny.

List is endless, so I ordered a reboot disc because I lost mine, I ordered it from sofway.com, it's a OEM disc just like it says on a sticker on the back of my computer, (What does OEM mean?)

I just ordered what I had before I re-installed.

When I re-installed the computer there was a few problems, like my computer was not recognising my Network Adapter and my Graphics drivers until my father downloaded a program which helped find it and install it.

And I tried the install that you provided the download link but just comes up with the same annoying message.

Is there ANY sort of way to bypass this barrier?

And the black screen, I didn't have any problem with the game before I just think that it needs certain .NET Frameworks on my computer to work right.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,019 posts

I needed to re-install my Windows because it was acting strange all the time, freezing when using Mozilla Firefox, and I couldn't update my GTAIV game as one of the Developers have said it is my OS file KERNS.DLL or something that is corrupted, and sometimes when watching YouTube videos, and I look at the comment section, the video goes a bit funny.

I am sorry but your OS does not have anything to do with how FF, GTA1V and YouTube videos download or update, things that may cause problems include your anti virus protection, if you have IE installed, missing/incorrect or badly installed drivers and hardware that is below the required specifications for any software/program that the issue is prevalent with.

We will need some information about your computer, please run Speccy and post the url with your next reply, see here

List is endless, so I ordered a reboot disc because I lost mine, I ordered it from sofway.com, it's a OEM disc just like it says on a sticker on the back of my computer, (What does OEM mean?)

If you paid for this disk would it be possible to return it, I ask this because you could have downloaded free of charge the exact version of Windows 7 that you require, we can still help you to do this as long as you have the 25 digit product key that is on the sticker that you have on the case.

Please provide a link to what you actually purchased from sofway.com.

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer, what this means is that the system builder who provided your computer with the OS installed on it is responsible for any support that you may need if the OS has problems, Microsoft are not liable to offer any support for problems that may arise with OEM software.
System builders include not only bulk providers such as Dell or HP etc but also individuals such as a local tech or tech store who provide custom builds for resale, you may also use an OEM disk if you build your own computer, you the system builder are then responsible for providing your own support and not Microsoft.

When I re-installed the computer there was a few problems, like my computer was not recognising my Network Adapter and my Graphics drivers until my father downloaded a program which helped find it and install it.

Once Windows was installed did you install the drivers for the MB etc, these should have been provided on a disk when the computer was purchased or if not there should have been a recovery partition on the HDD.

And I tried the install that you provided the download link but just comes up with the same annoying message.

Is there ANY sort of way to bypass this barrier?

And the black screen, I didn't have any problem with the game before I just think that it needs certain .NET Frameworks on my computer to work right.

Once we have your system specs and the OS disk information it will give us a starting point.

Illusive Prime

Illusive Prime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I managed to fix it anyway, it was a compatability issue.