Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

damaged laptop screen (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello wylli501

I think I made things worse.

In what context please, replacing the screen may have led to the notebook being turned this way and that - as in left and right/upside and down however I cannot imagine that you have not taken anything but total care with the screen replacement task :no:

The fact that you are hearing a ticking sound may suggest a problem with the HDD, this ordinarily will result in a failed POST (power on self test) and with a branded notebook such as your Dell or an alternative example an ASUS product you will get a BIOS and/or logo splash screen + an on screen message such as "Hard-disk drive failure , strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility etc, please listen to the example sounds at the attached link and let us know if there is any comparison to what you hear, Failing HDD sounds apologies, back to where I was going with this, if you are not getting the aforementioned on the replacement screen or an external display something more untoward is suggested as to what is going on.

From your OP;

My wife grabbed her laptop by the screen and damaged her dell inspirons lcd screen

Can you explain what sort of damage, was the computer still functional but with a damaged display such as the one here (picked up by the upper right hand corner of the screen) or was the notebook behaving in the same way that it is now.

Advertisements

wylli501

wylli501

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Sorry for the delay in responding I was down with the flu. Apparently there was a loose connection somewhere as I reopened the pc and redid the process the pc is now working. Could not have done it without your help thanks again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
No worries, hopefully you are now fully recovered :thumbsup:

You are most welcome btw and thank you for the follow up :)