Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WORLD OF WARCRAFT INSTALLER PROBLEM!

• Please log in to reply

Horrorshow7

Horrorshow7

• Pip
  • 1 posts
For some reason every time I try to install WOW on my new pc, it says "Sorry, the installer was unable to start up. You may be out of hard drive space." I have 121Gb left I know it's not that. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone help?java script:emoticon(':tazz:')
smilie

Advertisements

akhe

akhe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had the same problem. I have just found the solution. I had changed the envrionment variables, to my biggest harddrive, with 20 gb free space. They are called x:\temp and x:\tmp. I found out, that i had no directory called x:\tmp, and the installer could not create it. So after i created it, the installer started.
So, if you haven't changed any of the temporary directories, then check and see, if you have, on the c: drive, a directory called tmp. Or the full name, c:\tmp, and then taadaa :tazz:

alexw

alexw

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have the same problem but with the Registy changing does not has affect at me...
So if you have an other solution, please tell me than...

Alexw

Tondalo

Tondalo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I had the same problem, solved it like this:

The common factor, it seemed, of people who had this problem, was that they had WoW installed on a different hard drive than their system (windows) one. So, I removed the storage disc, and just put the dvd rom and the windows hard drive on IDE-1. I again set the environmental variables to the system disc, and suddenly, lo and behold, it worked.

ChronicKill

ChronicKill

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IT SUCKS. I dont have the game but ive been using trail. Is there anything I can do Im using my friends account and cant i just download the game online from account management? There is a link that says download burning crusade. Please tell me what im doing wrong. The error when i install say's Error Cannot Read Information From Internet Something around there. My connection is working obviously since im writing this. So any help anywhere?

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Should anyone wish to help ChronicKill. His topic is located here:
http://www.geekstogo...AP-t228690.html

kaldim

kaldim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same problem. ive got windows 7 but i dont understand what you are doing to solve the problem. could you explain where i h ave to go and what i have to change to solve it