Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound when using Internet

• Please log in to reply

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Hi all,
This is a problem that happens on my work PC, not my home one. Anyways when I connect to the internet and play videos, say from YouTube for example, there is no audio. However anything on my harddisk can play with the audio perfectly fine. I have tried several fixes from around the internet but none of them have worked.

The speaker is a monitor mounted one:
Posted Image

However if I set the speaker setup to monitor mounted, I get no audio, even when playing from my computer. So currently the speaker setup is set to 7.1 Home theater setup and I can hear only from my HDD. I'm completely confused as to what the problem is. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and did not see any changes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Advertisements

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hello TBH :)

What browser are you using at the moment? Have you tried other browsers?

I assume you have already tried clearing the cache,history etc. What all add-ons are you using? Installed anything new lately?

These kind of things are usually related to Flash Player problems. Is it updated to the latest version?

See if Play Sounds in Webpages is checked (Go To: Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Advanced tab --> Scroll down till you find Multimedia)

Post back. :)

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Thanks for the reply Babbzzz. I forgot to mention the audio does not work on any browsers. Yes I have tried clearning cache, history etc. Nope, have not installed anything unusual and the only addon I've installed is Adblock Plus. Yes, automatic updates for flash player is turned on. And the 'Play sounds in webpages' is already ticked.

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
I saw a Registry Fix (maybe you've already come across it) but I DO NOT recommend doing it, I haven't tried it myself. Backup the registry before doing it (if you want to do it) so that you can restore if it doesn't work. It seemed to have worked for a lot of users.

Link to Kioskea

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes I did come across this and this did not work as well :(

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Can you just do one more thing for me? :)

Create a New User Account on Windows XP, see if the problem persists in the new account.