Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Bad Pool Header when booting

• Please log in to reply

00eric

00eric

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

After taking my laptop from my own house to my parent's I tried to start up and I got a BSOD stating Bad_Pool_Header. I haven't been able to get on since. It keeps repeating the error.
I tried the suggested repair and that failed. I also tried a recovery point, which failed and was subsequently removed. I'm not that good with computers, so I don't really know what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have an Asus Laptop, 4 gb RAM, Intel i5 2,3 Ghz, Nvdia GT 540M.

Cheers.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: 00eric

Have you tried starting in Safe Mode with Networking, if not restart the notebook and keep tapping the F8 key, let us know how this goes.

The last time that you used the notebook without any problem/s and just before the notebook was shut down before being moved to your parents house were any settings changed, any new software installed or updates to Windows downloaded/installed.

When you post back can you tell us the exact model name or number of the ASUS so that we can do some research, this will include checking how you remove and replace the memory modules which may have become loose when the notebook was being transported.

Please note that mechanical problems with the HDD can also cause this type of behavior.