Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound doesnt work Creative SB Audigy SE

• Please log in to reply

Driglou

Driglou

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey everyone, the pc of my girlfriend doesn't play sound, she changed the sound card from Realtek to Creative sb audigy se and everything seems okey, when you go to windows sound properties. on playback devices when you play something it shows those bars moving and on "teamviewer" pc sounds i can hear her pc, but unfortunately she doesnt hear sounds...and we simply...dont know what to do.
Her OS is Win7
I will add any useful and necessary info. just for now don't know what could help...

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Obvious questions:
Are the speakers connected to the correct output jack on the new Creative card?
Speaker power plugged in?
Speakers work? Try on another computer.

Driglou

Driglou

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Obvious questions:
Are the speakers connected to the correct output jack on the new Creative card?
Speaker power plugged in?
Speakers work? Try on another computer.

She uses headphones and they are plugged in the right jack, we even tried speakers from other pc, which didnt work also.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Why did she change to the Creative sound card? Was there a problem with the Realtek? Is the Realtek onboard or was it a add-in PCI card?

What happend is the Realtek is put back?

How does the Sound (Control Panel / Sound) look on the Playback and Sound tabs?
Also, right click on the Speaker icon in the Taskbar (right side) and select Open Volume Mixer.
Double click on Speakers and you should get the Speakers Properties window. How do the General and Level tabs look?

Driglou

Driglou

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
http://postimg.org/image/wn4ph2cx3/ --- General tab
http://postimg.org/image/k0fq4sfv7/ --- Playback devices
http://postimg.org/image/hje2a1drd/ --- Sound tab

Realtek started to work bad, giving some strange sounds, noise.
Also mic doesnt work. Maybe you think is the problem with drivers but i tried to uninstall them and i used soft like driver sweeper still when pc restarts drivers are again there.

Also we disabled audigy driver and on teamviewer option hear pc sounds, i can't hear any sounds, so driver seems to work okey i think...

Edited by Driglou, 26 December 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What is the make and complete model number of the computer?

Have you tried the front and rear sound ports?

Any yellow marks under Device Manager? Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
What shows under Audio inputs and outputs in Device Manager?

Note: You can upload images directly to Geekstogo. Click on Full Editor under the message input area then use the Browse and Attach This File buttons.