Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer running a less well all of sudden

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
The voltage readings are also inconclusive in HWMonitor, can you check them in the BIOS for us, no screenshot required just make a note of the +3.3V, +5V and the +12V rails and post them with your next reply please.

NB: BIOS voltage readings.

The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.

Speccy shows the following;

Hibernation: Enabled - This should be disabled.
Stopped: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0125351388779424) - This should have been removed using the correct procedure - uninstaller tool
Scheduler
Game_Booster_AutoUpdate - This should also not be present as it could be checking for updates and causing conflicts.

Advertisements

Light Knight

Light Knight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
New Speccy: http://speccy.pirifo...AECj1Z7enllEZ7z

I had to disable hibernation through the command prompt, as I couldn't locate it anywhere in the power settings. And I have followed the mcafee removal steps again. I have uninstalled game booster.

Voltages:
3.3 Rail = 3.408V
5 Rail = 5V
12 Rail = 12.192V

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

And I have followed the mcafee removal steps again. I have uninstalled game booster.

Both are still showing in your latest Speccy report.

Run Autoruns again, choose the Filter out Microsoft & Windows Results option.

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
5: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
6: Attach to your next reply.

Autoruns tutorial