Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very very frequent freezes / BlueScreen while gaming!

• Please log in to reply

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
The first time i didn't restart the computer and follow the steps, but it crashed within a minute or so, I just tested it again - I followed the steps and ran the program like you said, this time it did some things different before crashing, it showed this error in the program Posted Image and then it stopped itself, so i just ran it again. It went on for maybe a minute and then a java update popped up on my screen causing the computer to crash. I could link you the two crash reports if you want if that would help. Just let me know what I should do next :)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop information. :thumbsup:

NB: An example of the url that we require and the information that it leads to http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25271813

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Here is the link as asked! http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=25532236 Hopefully this will give you information more than what it suggests about the fixes, as the only one it asks. :L Thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Go into the Device Manager and uninstall the following driver (but only if you are using the NVIDIA High Definition Audio function) Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Microsoft.

Disable Java, go to Start → Settings → Control Panel → Java Control Panel, go to the Advanced tab to disable Java.

Run SFC;
Go to Start and then to Search
Type in: sfc /scannow
Press Enter
Have the correct Windows OS DVD handy (not always required).
If System File Checker (sfc) finds any errors, it may ask you for the DVD.
If sfc does not find any errors you will receive the following message: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

If errors are found, navigate to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. You'll see CBS.log file.
Usually, it's a pretty big file, so upload it to http://www.mediafire.com/ and then post the download link here.

How to use mediafire http://en.kioskea.ne...es-to-mediafire

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Mediafire is giving me the same error when uploading the CBS file, i tried moving it to a different folder, compressing it, and even making a new file and coppying the contents and uploading it that way, sorry I forgot how i made it work last time! the System File checker did find errors and they're in there, i just need to get them to you!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Copy or move the dmp files to your Documents folder then see if you can attach them from there please.

What I suggested for the dump files, does it jog your memory any.

Go into the Device Manager and uninstall the following driver (but only if you are using the NVIDIA High Definition Audio function) Microsoft High Definition Audio Device Microsoft.

Disable Java, go to Start → Settings → Control Panel → Java Control Panel, go to the Advanced tab to disable Java.

Have you also done the above.

In addition to the above do the following for us please;
  • Please download WVCheck by Artellos from one of the mirrors below;

Artellos.com (exe)
    Artellos.com (zip)

• After the download, run WVCheck.exe
  • As indicated by the prompt, This program can take a while depending on your hard drive space.
  • Once the program is done, copy the contents of the notepad file as a reply.

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Yeah I tried moving the folder into the documents and desktop, creating a new text file completely and the whole thing. Can't figure out how I did it last time. I've been away for awhile and will probably get the file to you tomorrow when i have the time. Now is this program a substitute to the information i'm supposed to give you or do you want it in addition to the CBS file?
Anyway, here is the file! Let me know what's next :)

Edited by Poochman, 04 February 2014 - 02:03 AM.

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Oops, forgot i had to press "attach this file"... My bad!

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Windows is updating fine so there are no problems there :thumbsup:

We do need the CBS log if you can get it to us, try datafilehost here

Have you done the two steps above.

How is the computer behaving at present.

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

This has been done.

However, during the removal process of the audio drivers it prompted me to restart my computer after it had finished, but re-installing it when the computer boots up again.

Here's what the device manager for my "Sound, video and game controllers" shows. (if it's any help to you)
Posted Image

Datafilehost was able to upload the file! Here is that link.
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/8c15b057

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
There is a persistent error showing with the last one listed as being 2014-02-04 12:48:16, Error CBS Failed to shred identity: Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-LanguagePack [HRESULT = 0x80070057 - E_INVALIDARG]

It may be necessary to do a repair installation of the OS to resolve this, a repair installation will not affect your personal data on the HDD btw.

First of all though please run Speccy and post the resultant url for us, details from here

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
http://speccy.pirifo...IkOv2tYXWbwAgGL Here is the link from Speccy. :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Sorry almost forgot but I asked yesterday how the computer was behaving, can you let us know please.

No issues showing in the Speccy results but I did notice the absence of an AV protection such as Avast free.

Your updates only go back as far as 2/9/2013 is Windows fully up to date.

Before your next update can you download and run Windows Repair (All In One) from here, please ensure that you create a new restore point and back up the registry first, the software will prompt you to do this should you forget, you should also disable Defender while the tests run.

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
The computer is acting the same, it's still crashing on games and being stubborn.

I ran and completed the windows repair and that completed. The anti-virus program with it found 4 files i think, and those were deleted (attached the log) and yes i created a restore point before completing the repair.

So there shouldn't be any sort of Malware on my computer and windows 'should' be up to date and repaired

Edited by phillpower2, 09 February 2014 - 02:56 AM.
MBAM log removed, not used on GTG Tech forums

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
From my reply #41

There is a persistent error showing with the last one listed as being 2014-02-04 12:48:16, Error CBS Failed to shred identity: Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-LanguagePack [HRESULT = 0x80070057 - E_INVALIDARG]

Have you ever installed any IE language packs, to resolve this error see here

Please provide an updated Speccy report for us. before we suggest anything further, I suspect that a repair installation will be required so can you have your OS disk close at hand.