Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very very frequent freezes / BlueScreen while gaming!

• Please log in to reply

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hello! I apologize for the extended break from my computer, but hopefully i'll be able to stay long enough to get this back on track.

Quick question, I do not recall installing any IE language packs, having that said do you still want me to follow instructions for the first link provided?

And here is the updated Speccy result.
http://speccy.pirifo...knR1ZGEB65QCtlE

Again, sorry for such a long wait and I hope it is no inconvenience to you! :)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
No worries we fully understand that you have others things going on and cannot be here 24/7, none of us can ;)

Quick question, I do not recall installing any IE language packs, having that said do you still want me to follow instructions for the first link provided?

If you will please yes, as per my reply #41

There is a persistent error showing with the last one listed as being 2014-02-04 12:48:16, Error CBS Failed to shred identity: Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-LanguagePack [HRESULT = 0x80070057 - E_INVALIDARG]

If the IE Language pack is already (successfully) installed on your computer when you try and install it you will receive a Windows notification advising you that you do not need to install the said software, if you do get this message please check your Windows update history and see if the software/update is listed as having been installed successfully or the installation having failed, you could check the Windows update history first but my thinking is that by attempting to install the software from scratch first you may complete a previous incomplete installation.

RE: Your Speccy results, temps, voltages and HDD are all ok but please install all important Windows updates and a proven free AV software such as Avast or MSE.

NB: There is no optical drive such as a DVD R/W detected, can I ask whether or not you have one fitted.

Poochman

Poochman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I was unable to complete the instructions because my windows will not update, each time i try to do it it says "Failure Configuring Service Pack, Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" I'm not quite sure why it's failing and that might be a pretty big issue. What do you suggest i do now?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
https://support.micr...t.com/kb/949358