Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure if its a graphics card issue or some settings in CCC

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Thanks for clarifying the video cable info :thumbsup:

The voltage readings look as they should in the BIOS but do keep in mind that the computer is not under load so the readings cannot be relied upon 100%.

The one other thing to check now is the memory, there may be a poor connection which can sometimes be caused by dust ect, please see my canned text below;

How to physically test your Ram.

The following checks require the computer case to be opened so take the following safety precautions 1st, disconnect the power cord from the wall socket and take anti static precautions before touching anything inside, you can do this by touching a bare metal part of the case.

Have a pencil and notepad to hand.
Remove each stick of Ram and blow out the memory slots.
Insert the first stick of Ram in memory slot one, reconnect the power and in the case of a desktop computer the video to screen cable.
Power up the computer and see how it goes.
Make a note of the results.
Repeat the procedure until the first stick of Ram has been tested in each memory slot and the results written down.
Remove the first stick of Ram and put it to one side on top of a piece of paper with the number one on it for identification purposes.
Repeat the procedure with all Ram until each stick has been tested in all slots, the results written down and the sticks identified numerically.
Please note that some MBs (motherboards) will not boot unless there is Ram in slot one so please provide us with your motherboard details, brand, model name/number and any revision number, these details may be found by the CPU, between the PCI slots and/or around the edge of the motherboard, once we have the MB details we can look for the user manual.

Advertisements

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I've done pretty much everything. I noted them down. They all work fine. I blew out the slots, so that any caught dust was removed. Still Artifacts everywhere. I noted down the motherboard for you.

K10N78FullHD-hSLi

Rev G/A 3.12

Asrock Motherboard.

Seems the ram isn't the problem.

http://www.asrock.co...llHD-hSLI R3.0/

That link above is my motherboard.

Edited by Spaceatron, 05 January 2014 - 10:14 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Based on the following testing that has been done;
Your add on video card removed and the MBs integrated video chip used = the issue was still present (as was your PSU).
You tried your computer with your brothers screen using both your video cable and your brothers video cable = the issue was still present (again so was your PSU).
You have removed your Ram, cleaned out the slots, tested the Ram = the issue is still present and again so is the PSU, I suggest that if you can you borrow a PSU to try in your computer and see if that resolves the issue.

If you cannot borrow a PSU for testing purposes ask a local tech or tech store if they can either test your PSU for you or try a known good PSU in your computer, many will do this for free and some charge a small fee, please check with the tech before hand.

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'll see what I can do. I probably won't be able to go to a local techy for a psu. Because of where I live. But If I end up using a different PSU and the problem is fixed. Could u link me to/ tell me what power supply i should look for to buy ?

Thanks for your help with all of this!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
I will be happy to help you select a PSU if a new one is required :thumbsup:

You are most welcome btw :)