Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus HD 5450 Silent 1GB DDR3 Problem

• Please log in to reply

Theoneandonly55

Theoneandonly55

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just bough a ausu hd 5450 silent 1gb ddr3 graphics card on the 24th of this month december.. i installed the card and went to the website to install the latest drives.. I even tried installing off the cd that came with the graphics card..when browsing on the net everything is super slow and choppy..but i noticed sone pages with no graphics scrolls up and down smooth but when i go to a page with graphics it doesnt... i have the latest shockwave flash and i made sure i installed the right drivers for the graphics card.. even when im off the net when i go to the start button it comes up weird and not smooth and normal.. does anybody have any suggestions as in why this is happening? thanks soooo much!!

Advertisements

Theoneandonly55

Theoneandonly55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
here is my information on my computer....

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: Croatian
Installed: 4/16/2011 11:04:16 AM
Boot Mode: Legacy BIOS in UEFI (Secure Boot not supported) Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
3.50 gigahertz AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
288 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (6 total)
Not hyper-threaded Board: 970A-G43 (MS-7693) 3.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. V10.2 02/04/2013
Drives Memory Modules c,d
570.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
34.32 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Memorex DVD+-RAM 530L v1 USB Device [Optical drive]

WDC WD2500AAJB-00J3A0 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 1, s/n WD-WCAV2P599403, rev 01.03E01, SMART Status: Healthy
WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 [Hard drive] (320.07 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAV2Z877839, rev 01.03E01, SMART Status: Healthy 3292 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A1_DIMM0' is Empty
Slot 'A1_DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'A1_DIMM2' has 4096 MB
Slot 'A1_DIMM3' is Empty

Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort:
Controllers Display
Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller (2x) ATI Radeon HD 5450 [Display adapter]
AOC F19 [Monitor] (18.5"vis, s/n 18496, November 2008)
Bus Adapters Multimedia
NERO IMAGEDRIVE SCSI Controller
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller (2x)
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Root Hub (2x)
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller (3x)
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (4x)
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (2x)
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller AMD High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Theoneandonly55

What is the brand and model name or number of your PSU (power supply unit).

Run Speccy and post the url for us please, see here

Theoneandonly55

Theoneandonly55

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a RAIDMAX WORKSTATION 500 WATT POWER SUPPLY

heres the link to the information of my computer

http://speccy.pirifo...UpLPegO0HjSLhu8

Wizdom_09Z

Wizdom_09Z

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
That Raidmax is a very low quality power supply and would be suspect here. I would definitely replace it with something else and see how that works.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the additional information Theoneandonly55 :thumbsup:

I see a few issues in the Speccy report I`m afraid :(

Issue #1
Voltage
+5V: 3.069 V This is too low.
+12V: 13.816 V This is too high.
This will not do any of your hardware any good and we should investigate this further with further testing, this may not be the crux of the problem however it will not help.
Please see the PSU tolerance table below for what the readings should be.

Issue #2
The HDDs.
WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0, your C: drive
Size: 298 GB
Used Space: 267 GB (90%)
Free Space: 30.1 GB (10%)

WDC WD2500AAJB-00J3A0, your D: drive
Used Space: 231 GB (100%)
Free Space: 1.83 GB (0%)

The lack of free storage space is 99.99% certain to be the cause of the issue, this because there is nowhere for any new data to be written to on the HDDs and you are risking total failure of both HDDs and the loss of all data on the both drives, please see my canned text below regarding this.

Please note that in order to avoid data corruption and/or mechanical HDD failure for data only HDDs you must always have a minimum of 10% of the HDDs overall storage capacity available as free space and between and 15 and 20% of a HDDs overall storage capacity available as free space if the OS is on it, the free space allows for information to be copied to and from the drive efficiently.

Not having the above can render a computer inoperable if the HDD concerned has the OS on it due to the MBR (Master Boot Record) becoming damaged/corrupt, please see information @ http://pcsupport.abo...sterbootrec.htm

Issue #3
Windows Update
AutoUpdate: Disabled
When was the last time that you updated your OS.
Are you aware of the risk of malware attack by not keeping the OS fully updated, this because you do not have all of the security updates that have been released.

In addition to the above I note that you do not have an optical drive, this will make it more difficult to free up some storage space on the two HDDs, this because it is more efficient and economical to burn the data to disk/s as opposed to backing up to USB thumb drives, unless you have an external USB HDD with 1TB of free space on it.