Same old problem: the problem of plenty. Actually Pa (my father) wants to move on from his Blackberry onto a Tablet. I dunno but I think another smartphone too would be good.. except for difference in screen size.. i guess he is looking for the larger screen.
Budget: um let's try for less than 10k rupee if not possible upto 15k.
Here are the details of what we're looking for:
1. A quad-core processor(also can you educate me whether there is any use sticking to Intel fr its brand name or Qualcomm and the others also do a good job, coz I just got a desktop built and learnt a lot of things through that experience) - if possible more than 1.2Ghz as I see many having that as a minimum. Could we get neared to 2 GHZ as much as we can, of course all the time our choices are balancing acts.
2. Screen Size 5-7 inches is decent enough I think(seems to be the min. with all com[eting products listed). More the merrier given weight and budget permits.
3. Multi-touch. I guess he would b happy with upto 5-point multi-touch. I just saw a 10-point but it seemed to me a "pointless" feature given the nature of his work.
4. He's worried that it should um replace the laptop and of course work a a phone too. He doesn't need 3G that much(but guess no harm keeping it unless sacrificing it gets us something better). Wi-fi, blutooth...etc.
5. He loves it to be great at playing movies, managing his email and yes he strictly works on MS office..so how to get about it? Then speakers need to be good. Camera I think he doesn't mind the megs. He'd like the front VGA camera though.
6.Memory: mostly I see 32 Gb, can 64 Gb be managed? Also I think he will be needing at least 2 Gb RAM
7. Most important. He has always used Windows. Got no experience of Mac, iOS,Android, etc. So should we stick to Windows or take i for granted that touch and on top of it multi-touch simplifies almost anything and everything?