Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

autorun.inf virus unremovable

• Please log in to reply

osamasam_3101995

osamasam_3101995

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,i am having autorun virus in my pc( i dont know how ) for atleast 1 year.when i changed

my pc (not harddisk)i got infected after that,i have 4 partitions in 40 GB hardisk SATA.i

already tried to use avast,and all other softwares,even cmd method no use, no progress,it some how stop the antivirus or restart my pc,or recreates itself,my phtoshop,bittorrent,utorrent,Yuri's revenge(game),CODMW,all currupted due to this virus...dont suggest me to format my

harddisk,this virus created 4 files in all 4 patitions respectively.

Local Disk C:islj.exe
Local Disk D:txqoho.exe
Local Disk E:uhdqvn.exe
Local Disk F:kflwa.exe

all also have autorun.inf and also i saw rundll32.exe,ctfmon.exe,cmmon32.exe,i am suspicious about them too in Windows Task Manager
,i am tired of this virus so please help.

Edited by [email protected], 01 January 2014 - 03:06 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
With a 40 GB drive I'm thinking this must be XP so try:

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs
http://download.blee...Disinfector.exe
and save it to your desktop.

* Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
* The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
* Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
* Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

If it's Vista or Win 7 You could run FRST from a USB drive per the instructions here:
http://www.geekstogo...ost__p__2151691

but you would need to use a USB drive which has not been on your system and have a friend with a clean PC do the download. That probably won't work with XP tho. In that case try the instructions here:

http://www.geekstogo...ost__p__1913777

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode with Networking?

(Reboot and when you see the maker's logo, hear a beep or it talks about F8, start tapping the F8 key slowly. Keep tapping until the Safe Mode Menu appears and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Login with your usual login.)