Hello there JR Your System is now clean.
Thanks for sticking with me I really appreciate it.
So pleased we got those Bookmarks back. Not sure what happened with the folder move commands, they worked perfect when I deleted my own Mozilla folder
All we have to do now, is create a clean Restore point and clean up the tools. Dustpan and Brush1. OTL
Copy the entire text in the Quote box below, do not include the word QUOTE
and Paste into the Custom Scans/Fixes
box in OTL.
2. Flush Old System Restore Points
- Then click Run Fix
- When complete a log file will tell you if sucessfull. I do not need to see this.
- Now click the CleanUp button on OTL. This will delete the log files, the OTL folder and OTL itself.
- Click O.K to Reboot.
3. Register Avast for Free Updates
- Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb) >> All Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> right-click on Disk Cleanup and select Run as Administrator.
- If prompted Select the system drive, C then OK.
- Ensure the boxes for Recycle Bin, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files are checked.
- Now click on the More Options tab. If not shown - Click on Clean up system files >> Select the system drive, C then OK. now click More Options Tab.
- Under:- System Restore and Shadow Copies Click on Clean up... select Delete >> OK then Delete Files.
4. Uninstall ADWcleaner
- Open Avast either by clicking the Taskbar shield or the Desktop icon.
- Top of the screen should be a link to Register now. If not Click Maintenance and the link is there.
- Choose Free Protection if asked and fill in your Name and Email info.
- You will then recieve an email with a confirmation link. Click the link and your all set for free updates.
5. Delete 2 Desktop Icons
- Open ADWcleaner, ignore any Update requests and select uninstall.
6. Uninstall ESET
- Right click the JRT Icon and select Delete
- Right click the Security Check Icon and select Delete
Job Done!Tips For A Clean Surf with Toolbar and Homepage Hijack free wavesCryptoPreventInstall the following FREE program to prevent crypto ransome ware. Information on crypto ransome wareUse this link to download and install CryptoPreventAvoid the following
- Click Start then Control Panel and select Uninstall a program or Programs and Features
- Select ESET Online Scanner and uninstall
- Torrent downloaders, Torrent files and Torrent sites. - Otherwise known as P2P. The files are mainly illegal, contain malware and\or adult material. Steer clear of P2P programs and files..
- Registry Cleaners - They can clean a little too much and remove needed entries. The best thing to do with the registry is leave it be.
- PC Performance Boosters. - Programs that promise to speed up your PC. These are useless and\or come packed with Toolbars and other uneeded software that runs in the background causing, you guessed it Performance Issues!
- Not Checking Install Screens - Dont just click next, next, next and Install when installing programs. Some of the screens may contain Browsers or Toolbars. Check each screen before clicking next.
The main thing is to Keep On Top Of Your Updates
and run Weekly Scans
with Malwarebytes and Avast.
Select the following link and add it to your Favourites or Bookmark for future use. The answers to the majority of PC problems. I will keep this post open for 24 hours if you need assistance. If after that you need help then please start a new Topic in the appropriate forum.