Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tool to get rid of drivers or is it somthing else

• Please log in to reply

waynegr

waynegr

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Hi there, changing from AMD 6900hd to Nvi gtx ti, tried this about 6 Times, the Card fitted ok, and it lit up, but all I got was the start up screen of the Computers make, and had bleeping sounds, and yes my power is high enough 650. Put old card back in and it Worked fine.

First I did not get rid of drivers, then got rid of all the AMD drivers, well thought I had, as my screen when I put my old Card back in was all funny. But someone said you might have some drivers left, so please is there a Tool for this ???

Here are my full specs.

Add power box of 650 to that.

Motherboard.
Manufacturer: Pegatron
•Form factor: Micro-ATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
•Chipset: Intel H67
•Memory sockets: 4 x DDR3
•Front side bus speeds: 2.5 GT/s
•Processor socket: LGA 1155
•Expansion Slots:
•1 PCI Express x16
•3 PCI Express x1
•1 Half-Length MiniCard x1

http://h20566.www2.h...template.PAG...

Wayne

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts
Hi,

Try with the Display Driver Uninstaller, the exe will only extract the program you have to run Display Driver Uninstaller.

If you have the bleeping sounds just before windows start I would say that something is strange...

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Hi,

Try with the Display Driver Uninstaller, the exe will only extract the program you have to run Display Driver Uninstaller.

If you have the bleeping sounds just before windows start I would say that something is strange...

Thx will try this soon and report back.

Wayne

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hello waynegr

Can you tell us how many beeps were heard, the brand and model name or number of the PSU and which particular GTX Ti video card you have, the PSU may be 650W but if it is not a quality brand such as Antec, Corsair, OCZ or Seasonic to name but a few then it may not have the required amperage for the card on the +12V rail.

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Ok will do now, just uninstalled the drivers again and doing the other drivers uninstall from the link. Its a ZS Series, OCZ-ZS650W-EU-UK.

Wayne

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Hi there,

I do not get this dl, its given me a lot of ads I do not want, and not sure what to use, is wiseconvert the tool for getting rid of the drivers or ???

Wayne

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
The driver uninstall is best left with SleepyDude but can you also answer the other two questions that I asked please.

Can you tell us how many beeps were heard,

and which particular GTX Ti video card you have,

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Sorry, ok got it and doing the clean up, back soon after trying the new card again after this and its a GTX 780, will tell you how many beeps now if it does still not work.

Wayne

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hi there,

I do not get this dl, its given me a lot of ads I do not want, and not sure what to use, is wiseconvert the tool for getting rid of the drivers or ???

Wayne

Hi,

I just tested and I don't get any ads! the download link is on the end of the page Download Locations click Mirror 7 and wait or try this direct link to see if it works for you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
PSU has 46A available on the +12V rail, your card requires 600W and 42A so all good there.

Advertisements

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Hi all, and a big thx first.

Got the driver sweeper to work, put new card back in, it was 4 beeps every 15 seconds then black screen, going to put other drives back on then come back here to see what you Guys have said. As I said before was brought from EBay, but a well respected seller, He has been in thought and think is following this thread.

Wayne

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Possible causes of 4 error beeps include non operational MB timer, a short in the MB and bad memory, the latter includes the video memory, see here

As the HD 6900 series card works with your MB and other hardware it does point towards the GTX 780 as being the cause in one way or another, can I just check that you are connecting both the 6 pin and 8 pin supplemental power supplies that the card requires.

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
Yes I have connected the 8 and 6.

Wayne

waynegr

waynegr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
I have a 14 Day return, I pay postage and packing, should I send back or is there anything else we can try please ??? So does it mean its the card, as IF I send back wanted to buy another One, even thou its very expensive, might go for the GTX 780, hope that will work ???

Wayne

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
I thought that this card was a GTX 780.

The four beeps is a major concern as it is pointing directly towards hardware when the replacement video card is in the PCI-E slot, if this was a software/drivers issue you would just get a black screen, your previous add on video card works in the PCI-E slot so that would appear to rule the slot out as the problem.

Is your Ram seated securely in the slots.

As I said before was brought from EBay, but a well respected seller

As an asides waynegr you told us in your reply #11 (not before) that you got this card off ebay so I have to ask why the seller was getting rid of such a relatively new high end video card.