Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupted recovery

• Please log in to reply

nolacs22

nolacs22

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Yesterday i burned my recovery discs for win 8,today after running sfc/scannow it said i had corrupted files.So then i ran DISM.exe both parts, and it said it had fixed everything.So then i reran sfc/scannow and it said it found no violations.Does this mean my recovery discs are corrupted too?HP allows only one time burn.Does anyone know if i have to redo my recovery discs.(if i even can)

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I would say yes, those files will most likely be corrupted. Since DISM fixed them once, it should fix them again if you ever need to use the discs.

Contact HP and ask them what to do.
See next post by SleepyDude.

I did find this: This is how to make a 2nd set of recovery disks.

You could also contact HP and order a recovery disc.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Yesterday i burned my recovery discs for win 8,today after running sfc/scannow it said i had corrupted files.So then i ran DISM.exe both parts, and it said it had fixed everything.So then i reran sfc/scannow and it said it found no violations.Does this mean my recovery discs are corrupted too?HP allows only one time burn.Does anyone know if i have to redo my recovery discs.(if i even can)

Hi,

Sorry, I don't agree with Ztruker. The recovery discs are created from a usually hidden partition on the Hard Drive this isn't a backup of the current system state it's a "image" of the system, programs and configuration created by HP with everything exactly like it was on the first time you start the machine.

If the program created the recovery discs successfully they are fine because the program also check if the disc is correctly burned and readable.

Edited by SleepyDude, 05 January 2014 - 06:40 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
SleepyDude, that makes sense. I'll amend my post.

nolacs22

nolacs22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
That's what i thought too Senior geek and i thought that it would show up during the verify process.Thanks you and ztruker.

nolacs22

nolacs22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks all! :thumbsup: This has been resolved :lol:

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Thanks all! :thumbsup: This has been resolved :lol: