Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 takes 90 sec. to boot from ssd :help:

• Please log in to reply

Beanbandit27

Beanbandit27

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hey there! I really need some help with this problem. I have just built a new computer and I am having slow boot times with this build. Windows 7 64 bit home premium is taking 90 seconds to boot off of an ssd. And that's from the Windows 7 splash screen to desktop display. I believe I have a software problem because I went into msconfig and did a diagnostic boot and this time the boot time was 13 seconds. I have something in there that is slowing it WAY down, but I have no idea what it is or how to identify it. Here is my specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H
CPU: AMD A10 6800K Quad core APU 4.1GHz
Ram: Mushkin 16G RAM (2x8g dual channel) 2133
SSD: Kingston 120G ssd Kingston SSDNow V300 Series
Video card: XFX Radeon 6770
PSU: Rosewill CAPSTONE-650 650W Single 54amp rail

I have hit a wall and I don't know what to do next. Any help would be much appreciated! :help:

Edited by Beanbandit27, 04 January 2014 - 11:37 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hello Beanbandit27

Do a clean boot and then re-enable the disabled non Microsoft programs one at a time until you find the cause of the slow down of your boot times, details for a clean boot ect are here

Beanbandit27

Beanbandit27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Ok, I'll let you know what I find.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks and good luck :thumbsup:

Beanbandit27

Beanbandit27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Bingo! I have no idea where that program came from, but there was a program called Sendori in the start up list. Boot time was VERY quick until that program was added to the start up. Program has been uninstalled, boot time is now at 15 seconds. Problem solved! Much thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the follow up Beanbandit27 :thumbsup:

Incidentally you may wish to read the WOT ratings for Sendori, see here any further problems please see here