Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2010 Send/Receive Issues

Best Answer SleepyDude , 19 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Hi Joeywald Its always better to start your own thread because adding your problem to an old post could be overlooked. The problem remains today? Did you check the account configuration to make... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Braind

Braind

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
I use Outlook 2010 to manage 5 email accounts. Every time I open Outlook, my hotmail and live.com accounts do not load on the first try and I get this error message: "Task '[email protected]' reported error (0x8004102A) : 'Error with Send/Receive."
When I refresh, the emails load from those accounts the way they should load. While I have Outlook 2010 open, I need to refresh twice to get those accounts to load new emails I have received while Outlook is open.

While the temporary solution is to keep refreshing Outlook, this gets to be very irritating to do every single day and several times per day just to keep up with my emails. Any ideas for a permanent solution?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

Did you try the Microsoft solution provided here?

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Yes, I see everything in the first section under the beginning of the Resolution section, until I get to number 5. There is no folder named listed under the Error.

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Yes, I see everything in the first section under the beginning of the Resolution section, until I get to number 5. There is no folder named listed under the Error.
This is what I get:
16:03:32 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Drafts'

16:03:32 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Inbox'

16:03:32 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'US Holidays'

16:03:32 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Sent Items'

16:03:32 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Deleted Items'

16:03:32 Error Synchronizing Message

Error: 1133

Server Command: DELETE

16:03:32 Server Id: 698D3ADC-D9A6-11E0-8AFA-00215AD73EF4

16:03:32 Error with Send/Receive.

16:03:32 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Junk E-mail'

16:03:32 Done

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

On this blog there is a solution that seems to work in several cases also there is a note about a possible cause for this problem...

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
I tried the instructions in the blog. This seemed to correct the syncing issues, but now I get these messages every time I open Outlook 2010:

Task '_____hotmail.com' reported error (0x80041059) : 'Could not authenticate against the Windows Live ID service. Please try again later'
Task '[email protected]' reported error (0x80041059) : 'Could not authenticate against the Windows Live ID service. Please try again later'
Task '[email protected]' reported error (0x80041059) : 'Could not authenticate against the Windows Live ID service. Please try again later'

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

I tried the instructions in the blog. This seemed to correct the syncing issues, but now I get these messages every time I open Outlook 2010:

Task '_____hotmail.com' reported error (0x80041059) : 'Could not authenticate against the Windows Live ID service. Please try again later'

It's a documented error by Microsoft here. Maybe checking only one account at a time...

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
I read the latest blog you sent me. It looks like I am back to the proverbial square one. I have the same problem, just a different error message. I can't afford to upgrade to Outlook 2013, so I guess I will just have to keep hitting the refresh button.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

I read the latest blog you sent me. It looks like I am back to the proverbial square one. I have the same problem, just a different error message. I can't afford to upgrade to Outlook 2013, so I guess I will just have to keep hitting the refresh button.

Hi,

According to the number of people with similar problems it seems Microsoft did a very bad job on that!
Maybe changing the account(s) to IMAP?

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Yes, I could try that. I assume you mean changing to IMAP in Outlook 2010? How would I do that?

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Yes, I could try that. I assume you mean changing to IMAP in Outlook 2010? How would I do that?

All that accounts should be accessible using the settings from Outlook.com

Use the following settings in your email app.

Incoming (IMAP) Server

Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com
Port: 993
Encrypted Connection: SSL

Outgoing (SMTP) Server

Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Port: 25 (or 587 if 25 is blocked)
Authentication: Yes
Encrypted Connection: TLS

User name: Your email address
Password: Your password

You need to add a new account and choose Manually configure server settings... to specify the settings above.

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Unfortunately, this did not work. I get the error message:

Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Unfortunately, this did not work. I get the error message:

Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated

Hi,

The configuration isn't correct because SMTP need to be Authenticated.

Edit the Account properties and click the More Settings Button then on the Outgoing Server tab adjust like the image bellow:
Posted Image

Braind

Braind

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Success! This worked. Why couldn't Microsoft have come up with this solution??! :)
Perhaps you may want to post this solution to other sites, since it seems that it is a somewhat common problem.
Thank you so much for helping me with this. It was a daily irritation that is now gone!

I do have another question. I deleted the problem email accounts and then added them back in to Outlook 2010, per your instructions. This, of course solved the send/receive problem. However, I would like to change the order my email accounts are listed on the left side menu when I open Outlook 2010. I tried dragging the email accounts I want to move, but that did not work. Any suggestions?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Success! This worked. Why couldn't Microsoft have come up with this solution??! :)
Perhaps you may want to post this solution to other sites, since it seems that it is a somewhat common problem.
Thank you so much for helping me with this. It was a daily irritation that is now gone!

What we did is change the way to access the mails this is no good if you want to have access to other features like Calendar and others I suppose. I'm not a Outlook user :)

I do have another question. I deleted the problem email accounts and then added them back in to Outlook 2010, per your instructions. This, of course solved the send/receive problem. However, I would like to change the order my email accounts are listed on the left side menu when I open Outlook 2010. I tried dragging the email accounts I want to move, but that did not work. Any suggestions?

Maybe this tip can help?