Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no android emails

• Please log in to reply

chrisedge

chrisedge

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
got android tablet. Going to email get "cannot establish connection to server" I haven't a clue what I have done wrong. Ideas please. Thanks

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
You have to setup a POP/IMAP email account first. Exactly how to do that depends on your email service provider.

chrisedge

chrisedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
tried every thing to no avail! can some one please explain from abs basics what to do to get emails up. I am an idiot remember.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Does the icon for the email app you're trying to setup look like:

• Posted Image
  • Posted Image
  • Posted Image
Which: [A,B,C]? __

chrisedge

chrisedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for reply. My email icon is none of these three. I have the M GOOLE mails as on yr list which is also non responsive. My email icon is the white envelope but it has peeking out an @ sign against a yellow background. Any Help?
Cheers Chris

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Thanks for reply.

No problem.

My email icon is none of these three. I have the M GOOLE mails as on yr list which is also non responsive.

I'm afraid I do not know what "M GOOLE mails" means. If you mean GMail (Google's eMail) though, you'll need a GMail account (username and password) before you'll be able to set it up on your phone. You can go to gmail.com to open up a free GMail account.

My email icon is the white envelope but it has peeking out an @ sign against a yellow background. Any Help?
Cheers Chris

Sounds like that one is for a regular POP3/IMAP email account, which is usually supplied by an Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you already have one of these accounts, in order to get it set up on your phone you usually need to know things like your email address, the username and password on the account, the name of the ISP's send and receive email servers, which ports to use, and what security (such as SSL) they expect, etc.

I guess the first question should have been, "Do you already have an email account setup somewhere?"

chrisedge

chrisedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am getting closer. I now have play store, films music & such like going,I am now tackling emaails again. i do have an workable email on this laptop & on the android tablet is a list that wants me to give a username POP3- which I have sussed PW. I keep getting message error in username & password. PW is no problem. but what the [bleep] is my username,, Let us assume my email address is :- [email protected] & this an orange email address. What is my user name? Is the four figure number part of my name. GOd you would think this should be easy but it certainly isn't!!!!! Please someone sort me out Ta Chris

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Some ISP's use just the part before the @ symbol as the username, others want the entire email address.

Orange Email | Get Help With Email | Orange UK