Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

TFC by OldTimer cause problems in ThinkPad on screen

• Please log in to reply

AC CORREA

AC CORREA

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,

First, sorry for my english. I downloaded and execute TFC by OldTimer. After this, the control brigthness bar display missing. The control brightness still function, just the bar display control don't appears. I restored the system e the problem was solved.

My machine is a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 - Windows 7 64

Thank You

Advertisements

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hello AC CORREA :welcome:

I'm thinking you were highlighting a problem with TFC rather than posting a question.

I don't think TFC cleans anything that could cause the brightness control to not work. Did you restart the computer after TFC finished its cleaning?

AC CORREA

AC CORREA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, Babz

Thank You for your answer. Yes, I restarted the machine and reinstall the drivers from Lenovo, but not solved. I tested in other Thinkpad e the same problem occurs. The only solution is restore the system. In one of the machine i was create a restore point, but in another, no. Probably will be necessary reinstall many drivers, but i don't know how, rs, rs ...

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Can you point me to which driver you installed?

AC CORREA

AC CORREA

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can you point me to which driver you installed?

Yes. This is the link to the Lenovo page. The most recente version is 3.87.0000

http://support.lenov...?DocID=DS014985

Thanks.

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Mmm... It is the correct driver I believe.

Let's see if someone else has any ideas. I personally do not think TFC would be the cause, it must be something else.

Have you checked the Event Viewer for any errors?