Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Graphic Card Issue.

• Please log in to reply

Hubbs

Hubbs

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello there! Just wanted to say thanks for everyone who helps me on my PC issues! It always works after the help i get from this forum thanks alot!

I recently bought a Graphic card "GF 9500GT 550M 512MB DDR2 TV DVI PCI-E (Written from the Sticker on the card) It works, i mean it shows the screen etc BUT there are full of straight lines different colours, can be Red sometimes, white,purple/green ish depends what site i open and so on. I checked some youtube videos where they had exactly the same issue and they opend the GPU Cooler and cleaned the dust off it and it would work perfectly, i did that also but it was already clean inside it. One thing that i did not do that the guy did was i did not use a heat gun on it since i do not own one, is there any other way to heat it up? Or is there any other solution for this problem? I also installed the latest Drivers from Geforce that came out just 1 month ago. There is no issue at all with my monitor since it shows perfectly at the moment with my older graphic card (Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB) I'll be happy with any help at all, im willing to try anything on the card to make it work. I saw also another video where a guy puts the graphic card in the oven but i dont wanna go there yet unless it really works?

Thanks!
-Hubbs. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Contacted the seller and he said it worked perfectly before he sent it, he is a trusted seller when it comes to used items.

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I tryed installing a Windows XP driver that came out same date when the graphic card did. (I use Windows XP Professional, yes its legit and not pirated) And the monitor went black when the installation was installing. First it did a fast black screen and it showed the installation again, then after 4-5 secconds it went black screen again, i waited some mins because i thought it might be from the installation since GPU installation does that, and i waited total of 20 mins and still nothing. Monitor light was green, computer running normally. But no picture. Just a black screen.

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Now i managed to download a driver for the Graphic card, but when i have to restart the PC it wont boot after the windows loading logo.

Hubbs

Hubbs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello there! I hope this thread actually helps you guys out there! What i did was: I put the Oven to 200 Degres and i let it be fully hot inside. After that i put aliminumfolie and the graphic card on top of it. I let it be inside exactly 5 mins not more. Then i let it cool down 1 hour then i put on all the plastic parts, cooler etc etc. Then it worked like it was a brand new graphic card!