Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero re-installation problems

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I am attempting to re-install Nero Ultra 7.9.6 via installation disc. When I attempt to run the disk I get a popup indicating "cannot archive temporary files". When I skip over this I get a screen which has a list of applications that may be modified. I am trying to reinstall Nero Photo Snap with its sub-applications. When I check this application I get a screen which indicates that the installer files are not available and that in order to complete this operation that I should make the media available and do an update. It should be noted that I already have Nero 7 Ultra vers. 7.02.8637. Do I need to un-install the earlier version first.

When I try to update, Nero asks to be allowed through Windows Firewall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Yes you should removed your older version of Nero first and to do the best job use the Nero uninstaller tool to completely remove Nero this way you should have no residue files from your previous version to cause problems when you do the installation of your new version.

http://www.nero.com/...-clean-tool.php

Hope that helps

Edited by Alzeimer, 11 January 2014 - 04:04 PM.