Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Turbo Tax Install Error

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Sleepy, Just got this e-mail from Intuit! Needless to say I'm a little put out with these guys and I'm very sorry I wasted your time! I appreciate your efforts!!!

You are receiving this email in response to signing up on a TurboTax support article regarding Error 1603.

We have created a fix for this issue that is currently in the final testing phase, and we will be releasing it as of January 24th. We will send out an email within the next week with instructions on how to obtain the fix.

We do understand that many of you need to get an earlier start on your taxes, and so we wish to offer you a voucher code with which you can file your taxes for free on TurboTax Online. Additionally, you can start your tax return for free in TurboTax Online, and download it to complete and file with TurboTax for Desktop once we have released the fix.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Sleepy, Just got this e-mail from Intuit! Needless to say I'm a little put out with these guys and I'm very sorry I wasted your time! I appreciate your efforts!!!

You are receiving this email in response to signing up on a TurboTax support article regarding Error 1603.

We have created a fix for this issue that is currently in the final testing phase, and we will be releasing it as of January 24th. We will send out an email within the next week with instructions on how to obtain the fix.

We do understand that many of you need to get an earlier start on your taxes, and so we wish to offer you a voucher code with which you can file your taxes for free on TurboTax Online. Additionally, you can start your tax return for free in TurboTax Online, and download it to complete and file with TurboTax for Desktop once we have released the fix.

That is very nice from their part. Can you get me the logs now I'm curious to see what got recorded.

Then you can wait for the fix but the problems we worked so far also affected other software.

Edited by SleepyDude, 13 January 2014 - 05:24 PM.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Sleepy, I'm out of gas! I don't see how you do this. I'm on a break for now. Will try and get this data to you in the next couple of days.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Sleepy, I am having trouble accessing the internet in particular Facebook. Help please! Is it possible our work today has messed up some of these settings?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Sleepy, I am having trouble accessing the internet in particular Facebook. Help please! Is it possible our work today has messed up some of these settings?

Hi,

It could be related to an SSL error on your last log.

Because of some mess on the folder permissions we had to reset them and it seems one of them isn't correct.
Let me see if I create a fix for that.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

Download and run the following fix rsa-fix.exe
after running the script notepad will open with a log please post that.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
I changed my Facebook password and that seemed to resolve the problem. Here are the results of the rsa-fix

LookupAccountName : c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS:builtin\power users 1337 The security ID structure is invalid.

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : builtin\administrators is the new owner
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : nt authority\system is the new Primary Group
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : Resetting Perm. Acl
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for nt authority\system
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for nt authority\system
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for builtin\users
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for builtin\users
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS : 12 change(s)
LookupAccountName : c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA:builtin\power users 1337 The security ID structure is invalid.

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : builtin\administrators is the new owner
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : nt authority\system is the new Primary Group
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : Resetting Perm. Acl
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for nt authority\system
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for nt authority\system
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for builtin\users
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for builtin\users
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA : 12 change(s)
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\MachineKeys : builtin\administrators is the new owner
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\MachineKeys : nt authority\system is the new Primary Group
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\MachineKeys : Resetting Perm. Acl
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\MachineKeys : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\MachineKeys : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\DSS\MachineKeys : 6 change(s)
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys : builtin\administrators is the new owner
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys : nt authority\system is the new Primary Group
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys : Resetting Perm. Acl
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys : 6 change(s)
LookupAccountName : c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18:builtin\power users 1337 The security ID structure is invalid.

c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : builtin\administrators is the new owner
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : nt authority\system is the new Primary Group
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : Resetting Perm. Acl
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for nt authority\system
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for nt authority\system
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for builtin\administrators
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for builtin\users
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for builtin\users
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : new ace for \everyone
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18 : 12 change(s)

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi,

Can you access any other webpage starting with https:// for example www.google.com without problems?

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Yes I can access Google, Facebook, Yahoo, but seems a little sluggish to respond - maybe I'm paranoid!

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Yes I can access Google, Facebook, Yahoo, but seems a little sluggish to respond - maybe I'm paranoid!

What is the browser you use? Maybe it need a reset...

Advertisements

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
Google Chrome - How do I reset?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

Google Chrome - How do I reset?

Hum, the Google folks decided to remove the option to reset settings!

There is a way that involves synchronizing settings to your Google account, delete your chrome profile to start a fresh one and then restore the settings from the Google account.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
How do I get to my Chrome Profile to delete it and start a Fresh One?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts

How do I get to my Chrome Profile to delete it and start a Fresh One?

By removing your old profile you will lose all your settings, Bookmarks, etc.

Create a new browser user profile

Edited by SleepyDude, 14 January 2014 - 03:18 PM.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
When I hold down the "Windows" icon and hit "E" it takes me to My Computer not a Windows Explorer window. Help!!! Can I just Uninstall Google Chrome and then Re-Install it? Can I just install a differnt browser i.e. Foxfire?

Edited by jbljohn, 14 January 2014 - 02:01 PM.