Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Have posted this now as am away tomorrow and in anticipation that all is OK using the instructions in the previous post and you are able to proceed.
Good luck.

You should still be on the same screen where you left off in reply #225.   The two files you need to save have the Icons, My Docs,,, and files. 

1. Close any windows that are open.
2. Plug in your USB Data Drive. Could take a minute but one or more USB icons will appear along the bottom of the screen.
3. Go top of screen, left click on the HDD icon, (mount)
4. In the window that opens, > Left click once on the Drive tab.
5. Left click once on every Unmount window.
6. Left click once on the USBDVR tab.
7. Left click once on the Mount window next to the sdb1 with the biggest GB value.   A window will open > Left click, and hold down, on the window address bar and drag it close to the top of the screen, > release button.
8. Left click once on the Drive tab.
9, In the window that opens . left click on the Mount window next to the sda that contains the files you want to save.(the one you identified in the previous reply #225)
10. In the sda1 > Left click, and hold, on the My documents  icon, > Drag it onto an open space in the sdb1  window, > release.
11. In the menu that opens, > click Copy. > Wait for copying to finish, a new icon will appear, my docs.
12. In the sda1 window, > Left click, and hold, on the Documents and Settings icon icon, > drag it to an empty space on the sdb1 window, > release,
13. In the menu that opens, > click Copy, Wait for copying to finish, a new icon will appear, files.

14. Close the sda1 window, close the sdb1 window. You should now have the PMount window on the desktop.
15. Left click USBDVR tab, > left click any Unmount window.
16. Left click Drive tab, > Left click any Unmount window.
17. At the bottom right of the Pmount window, > Left click on Quit.
18. At the bottom of the screen, Right click on the disc icon sro, > In the Menu that opens, left click on Unmount sro. The dvd tray will open, > Remove the disc.
19. If present, Turn of the USB Data Drive. then, >  Unplug from the computer.
20. At the bottom left of the screen, > Click Menu, > click Shotdown > Click Power off.
21. In the window that opens, > Use the keyboard right arrow to highlight, Don't Save. > Press Enter.

Use another computer to see if you have yours files saved on the USB Data Drive.

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
My external drive does not have an on/off switch.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
OK.
I have edited reply #225 so you don't have to plug in your USB Data Drive.
I have edited reply #226 (step 2.) where you will plug in your USB Data Drive.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
How are you progressing with recovering your files?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hello .. My apologies .. but I have been extremely sick this past week. I am hoping that tomorrow I will pick up where we left off.

Thank you

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
That' OK Lexy, just wanted to keep in touch, don't rush, get up to par first.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Feeling a lot better .. will be working on this in a few .. will update you soon.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Do I pick up on post #225 or #226 .. or do I start with post #225 then continue on to post #226?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Welcome back, good to hear you are felling much better.
Please complete the steps in reply #225 and post back the results. Let us know if you can see your Data. Don't continue with any other steps yet.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hi .. Thank you so much

will be home soon and will start working on this .. bc of the week I was out sick I missed work and had to play catch up ..

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Posted Image

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Thank you so much for understanding

I turned on my commuter and I go this weird screen as I tapped F2 .. It was a screen that said :: press F3 key to go to advanced help .. then it asked me to type puppy if I wanted to boot from that then it did a bunch of things and said loading, then copying lupus to ram and a bunch of other things .....

but now I am on the puppy screen ... should I continue?

Edited by Lexy610, 22 March 2014 - 09:20 AM.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Going to post two things I took screen shots of b4 I proceed bc I have no idea if I should continue .. give me a few as I email it to another computer to then up load them on here .. thanks

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0768.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Eject the Puppy disc.
Restart the computer.
Does the computer boot to the Windows desktop.?