Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes, create a new directory in sdb1, name it, bcup2, drag the "documents and settings" from sda1, and copy. 

Please post back when done. 

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Ok it is now "copying" a bunch of things ....

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Good Morning ...

I fell asleep while it was copying ... just woke up and it was done .... 

what do I do next?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

I have copied the steps from reply #226, so carry on with the steps below.   Let use know if your Data has been saved OK. 

14. Close the sda1 window, close the sdb1 window. You should now have the PMount window on the desktop.
15. Left click USBDVR tab, > left click any Unmount window.
16. Left click Drive tab, > Left click any Unmount window.
17. At the bottom right of the Pmount window, > Left click on Quit.
18. At the bottom of the screen, Right click on the disc icon sro, > In the Menu that opens, left click on Unmount sro. The dvd tray will open, > Remove the disc.
19. If it has a switch, Turn of the USB Data Drive. then, >  Unplug from the computer.
20. At the bottom left of the screen, > Click Menu, > click Shutdown > Click Power off.
21. In the window that opens, > Use the keyboard right arrow to highlight, Don't Save. > Press Enter.
Use another computer to see if you have yours files saved on the USB Data Drive.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Did as instructed ... plugged my external drive to another computer and all seems to be saved on there .. took me a little bit to find all my files but it all looked as tho it was saved on to the external drive! :)

What should I do next?

Edited by Lexy610, 31 March 2014 - 12:27 AM.

ITechGuy

ITechGuy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello Lexy610, to update your driver, simply go to "my computer" right click it select ",manage" then "device manager". Just click the triangle shape (at the right-side) of  network adaptors and sound, video, audio to toggle the driver's name the right click it to update...If still it doesn't work try to system restore your PC, you can follow the instructions here http://www.techchore...-windows-7.html.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Hello Lexy610, to update your driver, simply go to "my computer" right click it select ",manage" then "device manager". Just click the triangle shape (at the right-side) of  network adaptors and sound, video, audio to toggle the driver's name the right click it to update...If still it doesn't work try to system restore your PC, you can follow the instructions here http://www.techchore...-windows-7.html.

Gday.

Thanks for your suggestion, but not an option.

Unfortunately, although the system will boot to the Windows Desktop, all keyboard and mouse drivers are corrupt or missing.   There is no  user input in any mode that is available from the installation or recovery discs or USB stick.

ITechGuy

ITechGuy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Gday.

Thanks for your suggestion, but not an option.

Unfortunately, although the system will boot to the Windows Desktop, all keyboard and mouse drivers are corrupt or missing.   There is no  user input in any mode that is available from the installation or recovery discs or USB stick.

It seems that we can do nothing about it but to use partition magic to recover the important files or saving all important data to external storage then have a windows fresh install.. By the way, did you try to safe mode?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Puppy Lupu has been used to recovery required files.   A windows recovery CD still does not  give access, safe mode does not work.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Great, we got there eventually, good nob :tazz:

Does not seem possible to replace/repair or install drivers using the Puppy disc, I see two possibilities. 

1.  Found some software where you create a Bootable disc containing windows drivers, when you boot to the CD it automatically replaces missing/corrupt drivers without any user input.  Investigatin, as I have not used it.

2.   Using some hardware.   A PCI card to PS/2 port adaptor, similar to a video card and a PS/2 to USB adaptor for you to use your keyboard.   This hopefully would get you into the OS, then you could repair/replace the USB driver.

PCI card,  > http://www.ebay.com/...r-/171283545872

PS/2 adaptor, > http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812200349 to connect the keyboard.

I will consult with the other members to see if they have other suggestions and get back to you. 

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I was just reading about this last night ,... this is exactly what someone used to get into the windows who had the same problem as me!

Ok I will purchase these two things

Edited by Lexy610, 31 March 2014 - 08:08 AM.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Going to purchase these two things .. are these the EXACT things I need? Want to make sure I buy the right thing. <3

Edited by Lexy610, 31 March 2014 - 08:27 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes. they are the correct parts.   The little PS/2 to USB adaptor (purple) is only for the keyboard, which is all you will need to access windows.

NB.  There is not a guarantee it will work, but well worth a try. 

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I used to have one of those PS/2 to USB adaptor .. just have no idea where it is so will order it.

​I understand there are no guarantees but I am willing to give it a try .. hopefully it will work like it worked for that person I was reading that had the same problem! Thank you going to order it now. :)

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Ok I have ordered both pieces .. hopefully I will get them SOON!

Is there anything else we can do? Or do I have to wait for those 2 pieces to continue?