Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday Lexy.

Have you got stuck and need a little more help?

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Good Morning ...

I apologize for not updating you and for the delay reply. I am not stuck. I have been actually extremely busy with work and have spent my free time shopping and preparing for my sons youngest sons Prom and graduation, for my daughter and oldest sons birthday and not to mention today which is mothers day and we are having huge celebrations for all these occassions. I will try to do it today before heading back out if not I will definitely try to do it tonight.

Sorry just a busy time of year with birthdays and graduations coming so fast .. :)

Machiavelli

Machiavelli

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,722 posts
OK

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Ok I have copied and saved the text on to the notepad and saved it to my external drive ...

I now booted my bad computer using the CD ...

however ... where and when exactly do I use the text that I saved??

Do I run the FRST as in run it first .. or do you mean open it and paste the text somewhere in the FRST??

Edited by Lexy610, 12 May 2014 - 12:46 AM.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x86) Version:01-05-2014 02
Ran by SYSTEM at 2014-05-12 16:55:32 Run:1
Running from D:\
Boot Mode: Recovery

==============================================

Content of fixlist:
RP: -> 2014-02-14 15:16 - 028672 _restore{7BB94B4D-D74F-4948-9608-F0EB686FE380}\RP116

SAM hive was successfully restored from Restore Point.
SECURITY hive was successfully restored from Restore Point.
Software hive was successfully restored from Restore Point.
System hive was successfully restored from Restore Point.
Default hive was successfully restored from Restore Point.

==== End of Fixlog ====

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Also I noticed that on the bad computer I do not have an option to "safely remove hardware" .. it is not on the bottom right of the screen like I do on the computer I am using now which is the one I am using to post and communicate on here.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

My bad computer won't shut down ... I keep clicking it to shut down and it won't. I even tried to restart it and it won't. Should I just shut down from the tower?? Not going to touch it until I get further instructions .. In the meantime I post the log from the fixlog

Edited by Lexy610, 12 May 2014 - 01:28 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Are you trying to shut down the computer from the REATOGO-X-PE window?

When you manually shut down old computer, do you press the large button, or the small button. 

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Yes the one with the REATOGO-X-PE .. it won't shut down. Ive shut it down with the start button then click on shut down since installing that REATOGO-X-PE ... before installing that I had to use the big button on the tower ...

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK.

Eject the disc from the CD player, then shut down using the tower button.

wait a couple of seconds, then restart the computer.

Does it boot to the Windows XP Desktop?

If the keyboard and mouse work.

Please shut down the computer from the start menu.

What results please.

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Hi .. Yay  ... its working.

I took the cd out .. shut it down from the tower ... Turned it back on .. the mouse was not working but the keyboard was .. I then changed the usb port that the mouse was in and put it into another usb above it and the mouse is now working as well!!!!!

It started doing some things and saying it found hardware and now I got a window that opened saying "found new hardware welcome to found new hardware wizard" .. what do I do?? I also got a bubble on the bottom right saying "there are unused icons on your desktop"  

Should I still shut it down from the start menu as you last instructed??

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Now the bubble on the bottom right saying "there are unused icons on your desktop" went away but got another bubble saying "found new hardware, usb root hub"

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday Lexy.

That is great news.  Many thanks to Machiavelli for the interpretation of the FRST logs and the fix. :thumbsup: :notworthy:  :thumbsup:  

Ignore the >"unused Icon" popup, it's just a rather unnecessary bit of XP.

The "found New Hardware Wizard" should install hardware automatically.   Here are the steps to take, if the Wizard needs you to do further steps.  (Navigate the article by clicking the Previous or next button on the yellow bar).

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=Fy8_GF42WCIC&pg=PA357&lpg=PA357&dq=how+to+%22found+new+hardware%22+XP&source=bl&ots=RUu7k_Az2L&sig=NsQyTHemLn9KA-alwPi7mD6XOvg&hl=en&sa=X&ei=DE5xU6SYIoPDkwXOpYDoCg&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=how%20to%20%22found%20new%20hardware%22%20XP&f=false 

Next.

You must use Internet Explorer for this step. 

Please download and run this Microsoft driver tool, just follow the wizard. 

http://howtodownload...logspot.com.au/

How is the system running now?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

YES!! Thank you so much  Machiavelli for your help!!! :)

I didn't get to use the found new hardware wizard because when I clicked on it I accidentally closed it. 

I then plugged in my internet cable to the bad computer that was plugged into the computer I was using to communicate with you ... once plugged into the tower I got this window from DriverMax ... it is saying this version of drivermax can not connect to the server anymore. Please update the program then try again .. I don't know if I ever want to use drivermax again because last I used it .. it caused this huge problem that we have been trying to fix.... but it does have a button to update drivermax .. what should i do?

Do I update? Or should I skip it an continue with your steps??

Its also asking me to update my version of AVAST ... 

Will no Tod anything until further instructions ..

Edited by Lexy610, 12 May 2014 - 07:20 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Please do not update DriverMax, just close any prompts that come up, we will remove it a bit later.

Yes to updating Avast first, then,

download and run the Microsoft Driver Tool from the link in reply #388.  If the "found New Hardware" for installing the usb root hub was completed, it should be installed when running the Microsoft Driver Too.

Please complete the above steps and as usual, Please report results.