Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

IMAG1246.jpg

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Click on Sounds and Audio Devices, please do a screenshot as instructions below.

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

screenshot.jpeg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Please check your speakers are powered up and any volume controls are set about the middle.

On the Sounds and Properties window, > top menu, click sounds, > select Windows Default, > click Apply, then,

On the top Menu, Click Volume, then,

At the bottom right, > click Advanced, > in the bottom window, select the speaker set up that closely matches yours. > click Apply, > click OK.

In the middle of the window, > click Advanced.   A small window will open, make sure all the sliders are at max and there are no ticks on the mute boxes, > click the X at top right to close. 

Post back when you get that far.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Done .. still no sound.

Also noticed .. I had to edit some photos for work and I tried opening my paintshop pro and none them opened!! :( I have PSP 9, X2, and X3 and none of them open ..

I do have Photoshop CS2 and that opened .. but I need my paintshop pro .. I cant uninstall because I no longer have the installation CD as I lost them in a move :(

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

For Paintshop. Go to Add Remove Programs, click on PSP, see if there is a repair option.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

No there isnt .. tried that already :(

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Please download and run this tool to see if we can find the PSP installation and the product key.   Please read the Download Tips. 

http://pcsupport.abo...e_download.html

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Actually I checked again and my psp X3 does have an option which is change/remove .. I clicked on it and I got a window that was Corel PSP X3 .. but it says if I was sure if I wanted to uninstall and remove all of its features so I clicked on cancel .. was afraid I was going to uninstall .. which I do not want to do.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Hi .. Iran that tool and it lists all my installed programs but NO product key listed for anything ...

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Have you looked at PSP x3 on the all programs list to see if it will open? is there a repair option listed?   Did you register the product and have a link to your account?   Have you a copy in your backups?

This keyfinder is supposed to find other keys besides Microsoft. > http://pcsupport.abo...r-thing-wkt.htm

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Will try it when I get home. I lost all backups and product keys Years ago. ...... I also still have no sound

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

tried thru "all programs" still not opening .. and no repair option listed.

Going to try the keyfinder now.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

OMG!! I d/l keyfinder .. I installed it and now my computer has thousands of pops up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am uninstalling this is crazy!!! These tools drive me insane!!!

I cant even keep typing because I have to constantly stop to close out windows that are just popping up and now its telling me my java is outdated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UUGHHHHHH

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Now its telling me my computer is running slowly and every time I try to close out a pop up window it opens a browser!!!