Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm following the topic because I responded way back in February. What I posted is the configuration on the back of that SB Audigy card and I just noticed there were 4 different spots to plug speakers in. It looks like the black is one of the spots for a 2 speaker connection. I was just mentioning it if the speakers were connected right in that card when you tried it a couple of posts back.

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

No i didn't ... I had those connected tot he top pf my tower as in the pics I posted. I just recently plugged them into the sound card

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the question is then did you have it plugged into the right ports on the sound blaster card?
I'm just thinking maybe the speakers were in the wrong port since the SB is the default audio device.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Yes they were in the right ports .. I also just checked and made sure the black was in the black, the yellow in the yellow and the light teal or blue not sure exactly the color was in the correct matching color port

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Sorry a bit late.   Repost as the first one failed.

This may help in getting the ports sorted. 

http://files.creativ...nglish back.pdf

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I am sure the the speakers are plugged into the right ports .. they go by the colors on the plugs. I plugged the color of the plugs into the corresponding color port.

Checked again and all is plugged into the sound card correctly

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

I hope you will except my apology.   You have the SB drivers installed, the card set as default, the speakers correctly connected, but only the Demo software installed, which I mistook as the application.   For some reason there is no program installed to run and configure the card.   Don't know if it was never installed by Dell or if it was deleted by mistake at some time in the past.

From the start menu, all programs, please click on the Sound Blaster Demo entry, see if it will run, and post back the results.   

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Hi .. No apology needed .. I appreciate all of your time and help :)

I tried to click on "upgrade now" and then I got the following windows ..

IMAG1459.jpg

IMAG1460.jpg

IMAG1461.jpg

Edited by Lexy610, 12 June 2014 - 07:07 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks.

You already have the card, so just wanted to know if the Demo would play.   Was "Upgrade Now" the only option?

Edit.

Please make sure to do the following using IE browser.

Go to the link below, at the bottom of the page, click on the blue image, Auto Update, follow the instructions.   Don't download anything, just Let me know the results. 

http://support.creat.../downloads/?h=7

Edited by iammykyl, 12 June 2014 - 10:16 PM.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Yes "upgrade now" is my only option

Once at that page using IE I don't see any blue images .. just a bunch of icons like for speakers, soundblaster, headphones etc ...

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK.

Using IE, when you get to the Icon page, click on the Sound blaster one,

In the window that open, almost at the bottom of the page, > click, If your product is not listed above, please click here

In the next window, on the left menu, > click, Audigy.   

On the right menu under, (Archived Products) > click, Audigy 2 ZS. then > click Next.

at the bottom of the page, > click on the blue image, Software Auto Update,   Follow the prompts, let us know the result.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Wjen I use my firefox browser I get the page that has the blue image that says "software auto-update" .... but when I use IE I get the icons ...

Do I still use IE to do this??

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

When using Firefox I clicked on autoupdate and I got a page saying

"" Creative Software AutoUpdate currently supports Windows® 98 or higher with Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher.

Windows Vista is currently not supported.

If you are using any other operating system or browser please select Manual Download or click here to proceed."

When i click on "click here" or "manual download" I get this ..

IMAG1508.jpg

IMAG1506.jpg

IMAG1507.jpg

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

And if I use IE and click on sound-blaster it sends me to another page with icons with all kinds of sound-blasters and I am not sure which one to choose ... there are three that looks like my sound card ...

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Thanks for the update.

I have found software for the SB, but only comes as a 92MB complete package and you would only need a few applications.   As I can't install on my systems, you would be on your own sorting out the configuration, not, I think, the way to go.

Please carry out the steps again from reply 536, use IE.

When you get the results window, copy the URL from the IE address bar and paste in your next reply and I will see if I can get to the page from my computer.