Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Ignore reading the notes, they refereed to getting past the "allow ActiveX install" and you have already done that.

When using IE with the window open showing Accept at the bottom.

> Close down the Chrome browser.

> click the Accept button in the IE window.   You will get a prompt that will open, click, yes or install or next, whichever is needed.   this may happen 3 or 4 times, then downloads will start.

When they have finished, follow the wizard or installation instructions. 

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

(Using IE) ......... Once I clicked on "accept" I didn't get any prompt.

Are you wanting me to do all of the updates that it found? The ones I posted here on the screenshots?

The only thing I get once I click on "accept" I get another window that says "check update" .. which is what Ive done in order for it to give me the list of things that need to get updated. Then once at the window with all the updates needed at the very bottom I have 4 choices which are "settings, history, show all, download/install .. but by every update there is a little box that I can check and uncheck for the ones I want to update.

I apologize but I am still confused as to what it is you want me to do ....

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

http://support.creat...AutoUpdate.aspx

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I am still not understanding what you want me to do? All I see is your post with the link I have been posting???

Please help me understand .. extremely confused and getting frustrated .. I am sorry

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

The first time you tried the Auto Update, did you get the following screens. 

I  created a restore point and tried the updater, you should have got the same result. 

First, > click the accept.

2,  > click on the yellow bar to allow activX install.

3, (1 of 3) > click install.

4, (2 of 3) > click install.

5, (3 of 3) > click install.

On my computer, I get a screen saying, "SB product not detected" so I can't tell you exactly what you get next.

You should get, detecting software, or, downloading software.   Say yes/allow/install to any prompts.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Since I first did this a while I go .. if memory serves me correctly .. I believe it did that the very first time I did it .. once I did that I then got all the updates that my computer required and I posted the things that my computer need updates on ,.. which from I can see are some audio.

But I first did this a while back so i cant say or sure but I believe it did.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK.

From your reply #572. 

Then once at the window with all the updates needed at the very bottom I have 4 choices which are "settings, history, show all, download/install .. but by every update there is a little box that I can check and uncheck for the ones I want to update.

Using IE, get to the page with the Accept box, click on it, When you get to the results window, tick the little boxes for critical  updates, then click Down/install.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
I clicked on all critical stuff to be updated ... it then needed to restart the computer. Once restarted I got a found new hardware wizard. I clicked on the first one which wE recommended and I then got this ....

The software you are installing for this hardware: creative audiology audio processor (wdm)

Has not passed Windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows xp

Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows logo testing.

Then I have two choices : continue anyways or SToP installation.

Can't post screen shot from my cell. Can't post from my computer until I make a choice.

What should I do??

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Please Create a manual restore point, then click on Continue Anyway, then post the results.

A screen shot is not needed.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
How do I create a restore point if it won't allow me too? My entire screen is blue with watermarks on it that reads creative on top of it says SB Audigy Series Web update.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

As it won't lety you, just click on the Continue Anyway.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

updated all "critical" updates that were needed ... still no sound :(

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Close down IE.

Please go to start, > Programs, look for Audigy or Sound Blaster and highlight it, a small menu will open on the right, take a screenshot,

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

There's nothing under Audigy or Sound Blaster .. found it under creative.

IMAG1626_1.jpg

Edited by Lexy610, 06 July 2014 - 11:26 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Click on the Creative Audio Console, Please post a screenshot.