Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Thank you, I understand

The system is running OK right now .. but last night it was a bit sluggish and I got a warning pop up saying unresponsive script like two or three times ...

IMAG1633_1.jpg

Tried the windows sound again today and still nothing .. however I am thrilled to be able to listen to some music on my computer :)

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Do you get that warning when using FireFox?   Is it from the same site all the time? or happens on many sites.?

The one you show is from this site, > http://scorecardresearch.com/Home.aspx   Is this to do with your work or have you agreed to take part in some type of survey?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Honestly I cant remember if it was one site or a few .. but it hasn't happened since last night those 3 times. I was on a site by accident I clicked on a coupon (think I clicked on the wrong link) I had to print but it wasn't a survey unless I clicked on the incorrect link ..

Hasn't happened since then and my computer isn't running sluggish anymore.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK, not a problem then. 

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Hi ..

I was on the newegg website looking for a wireless card for my computer and got that unresponsive script on that page. My modem had to be changed yesterday and was trying to figure out which is best for my computer. It has confused me :(

Edited by Lexy610, 09 July 2014 - 10:18 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

What model was your modem changed to.?

Why do you need a wireless card.   Direct cable connect to a modem usually gives better performance and is more stable.

If you use IE, do you get script errors?

Have you still got Chrome installed?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I upgraded my cable boxes from verizon and they sent me another modem ... I last requested your opinion on this back in post #319 I believe it was. I had a black one now my wireless fios router is a black and red one, I upgraded to what they call the "fios quantum internet, Speeds up to 75 Mbps/35 Mbps.

This is the wireless card you recommended .... http://www.newegg.co...ID=fib6gpm20r5a

I just went back to newegg to copy the url and i got that script again like 3 times ... think that is whats slowing down my computer and making it sluggish so I closed it and now my computer isnt sluggish anymore.

I understand the cable is more stable but because I had to move my desktop to the other end of the apartment I really didn't want to run a cable across the entire hall .. presently its on the floor from the front room to the back of the apartment which is my livingroom.

No I havent used IE so dont  know if I would get those scripts ... I really dont like IE and yes I still have chrome installed on my computer ....

As I was typing this to you it is slow and sluggish again and I was using FF .. once closed it was no longer slow and sluggish

Edited by Lexy610, 10 July 2014 - 02:33 PM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

OK, I now remeber why you wanted the card.   The one on Newegg will be good to use.

Even though you do not launch Chrome, extensions still run in the background and this could be taking up bandwidth, so it needs to be uninstalled, 

Go to , > Control Panel, > Add Remove Programs. > Google Chrome, > Remove.   Follow the prompts, remove everything that is possible.   Restart the computer.

Test FF.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I uninstalled google chrome and all connected to it since being installed ..

So the wireless card you suggested is still good to use with this new router as well?

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I uninstalled and rebooted .. opened FF and its really sluggish nd slow now ugh

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

As I do not use FF, try fixes from this article, start with the Reset Firefox Feature first and if you still have problems, perform the other tasks.

https://support.mozi...-make-it-faster

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Thank you .. all is working well with my FF.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

The wireless card you suggested is still good to use with this new router as well?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes, the wireless card will be OK with the router.

Been busy but not forgotten your no windows sounds.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

OK thank you so much .. I appreciate it.