Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hardware Upgrade

• Please log in to reply

Kr0NiCk

Kr0NiCk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello guys, its been a while since i want to upgrade my computer hardware more specific my CPU (I5 760 @ 2.80GHz) and Graphic Card (GeForce msi gts 450 Cyclone) so i've been wondering which of them should i upgrade as soon as possible and since i'm on a tight budget which options is there on that market that would be good and on an affordable price to get?

Regards,
Kr0NiCk

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
Gday Kr0NiCk, Posted Image
Upgrades would depend on the main use for the rig, if for video/photo work, other options may be better.
If for mostly gaming. A CPU upgrade would be both expensive and investing in older tech.
> http://www.cpubenchm...etType.html#id2
i5 760 Benchmark. > http://www.cpubenchm...et/cpu_list.php

I would put the $$ into a gpu, could then be used in a future platform upgrade. Which? will depend mostly on the PSU.
Please give us your hardware specs, including PSU brand/model.

What would be your budget?
In which country will you be purchasing parts?

Kr0NiCk

Kr0NiCk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I use it for gaming mostly, budget will be around 500 euros (600-700 dolars) and i would be buying them in France.

Here CPU-Z Screenshots not sure if its enough.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,016 posts
Hello Kr0NiCk

While iammykyl is offline I will offer you a couple of pointers if that is ok :)

The best i5 CPU that you can get for your MB from here

We still need the PSU information + we will also need to know what type of case you have as in full tower, mid tower or SFF (small form factor) this because some add on video cards are 11 - 12" long and will not fit in smaller cases.

Your MB specs