Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When pad computer is on, can send but not receive Charter mail in Outl

• Please log in to reply

rdfarr

rdfarr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When my Samsung Galaxy pad computer is on, I can send but not receive Charter mail in Outlook. 2007. When the pad computer is off, I can receive mail.
The error message says ".. mailbox temporarily unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it, or another mail application is accessing it. Server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] account is locked by another session or for maintenance..."

Advertisements

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts
Is your Incoming and Outgoing servers (for email) the same? Are you using IMAP or POP3 for the email?

rdfarr

rdfarr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My home computer Outlook settings are: incoming POP, outgoing SMTP.
My Samsung note computer is IMAP incoming, and SMTP outgoing.

Thanks for any suggestions on resolving this problem.

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts
I will make a guess and say that you set up the home computer for email first (POP3). When the other (notepad) accesses your Email (via IMAP), that server 'locks' the POP3 server to get your current email for you to view. POP3 sends the email to you for your system to store and you to use whenever; IMAP keeps your email on its server until you ask for it to be on your computer (or whatever device you are storing it on). The two different types of servers will 'lock' your email (incoming - email to you) when they are both accessing your account at the same time.

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) should have a help page on setting up email and changing from POP3 to IMAP. The reason I say to use IMAP only on both machine is that then both can look at your email (at the same time) as IMAP stores the email on its server and allows you to view the same email on different devices at the same time (useful if you have computer, laptop and cell phone all looking at your email at different times of the day).