Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for Bookmark software

• Please log in to reply

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Hello friends. I am wondering if there is a bookmark management program like the one I am looking for.
I mostly use Firefox, currently it's Firefox version 26. I probably have 1,500-2,000 bookmarks. I am wondering if there is some type of software that is either intergrated into Firefox, or stands alone, or whatever, that takes the bookmarks and lets me choose how I look at them. For example, it shows me the bookmarks that I visit the most frequently at the top. Lets me choose to search my bookmarks, anyways. I am desperate to organize my bookmarks and be able to use them more effectively. Even if the program is a paid program, I don't mind.

I would appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi BearCalvary,

There are bookmark management programs such as the ones in the links below:

Bookmark Managers for Windows

and

Five Best Bookmark Management Programs

I see that Xmarks is included in the 2nd link above. I've used that program for years (love it!).

Hope this helps.

Donna :)

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hello BearCavalry :)

I use XMarks and love it!

Edited by Babbzzz, 19 January 2014 - 07:45 PM.

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Hi BearCalvary,

There are bookmark management programs such as the ones in the links below:

Bookmark Managers for Windows

and

Five Best Bookmark Management Programs

I see that Xmarks is included in the 2nd link above. I've used that program for years (love it!).

Hope this helps.

Donna :)

Hello BearCavalry :)

I use XMarks and love it!

I installed XMarks, I see some kind of star rating system on the bottom of my browser page. But what exactly does xmarks do? I do not see any extra buttons, or options or anything.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
You should be able to right click on the Add-on bar next to the icon and choose to hide those Star Reviews. They're meaningless to the functionality of the program anyhow.

Here's a good link that will explain Xmarks and how it works:

Xmarks Features: Sync Profiles