Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with program called "Folder Lock". Says Password is in

• Please log in to reply

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Hello friends. It is I, the man with more problems than brain cells.
I had always wanted to try a program that lets me lock down certain folders and files with a password, so yesterday, I found a deal and for a few bucks, I bought the program Folder Lock. It's a program made by "NewSoftware" (If you want to see the program website, Here it is)

Well, to try it out, I added two folders which contain sensitive information to the "Lock Section". I chose a master password for the program. Now when I go to unlock the Locker or whatever you want to call it, it tells me the password is incorrect.

I checked, their Twitter handle has been "suspended". I sent them an e-mail. But I thought maybe some here knew what else I could try?

I tried uninstalling the program, but it asks for the password as well. So basically it seems to me I am screwed now?
I mean besides going back and restoring to an earlier point, I'm out of options correct?

I don't want to do a restore, because I finally setup my new email program with about 20 email addresses that I had to enter in usernames and passwords for. And i took me hours to do so. I don't think eM Client has some kind of feature that will let me "backup" all my email account settings to somewhere.

My Folder lock is version 7.2.2
I am on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi BearCalvary,

:lol: Nothing like a guy in trouble, reeking of personality. Your sense of humor made my day! Thank you :)

There's a possibility that the Serial Number you used to register Folder Lock may be used as the password as well. I'm not sure about that though. If I am, you could try contacting NewSoftware from the link below:

NewSoftware.net

I also read somewhere that you might be able to access the folder/program in safe mode without a password. If you try that and it works, please let me know.

Thank you,

Donna :)

BearCavalry

BearCavalry

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Hi BearCalvary,

:lol: Nothing like a guy in trouble, reeking of personality. Your sense of humor made my day! Thank you :)

There's a possibility that the Serial Number you used to register Folder Lock may be used as the password as well. I'm not sure about that though. If I am, you could try contacting NewSoftware from the link below:

NewSoftware.net

I also read somewhere that you might be able to access the folder/program in safe mode without a password. If you try that and it works, please let me know.

Thank you,

Donna :)

Using the serial number worked!!!!! YAY. Thank you Donna!!!! :thumbsup:

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
You're most welcome, BearCalvary! :)

And thank you kindly for including the resolution! :thumbsup: