Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

procesor problem on my computer

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hello loc122

1: The MB is not yours and so you cannot say whether or not it is good or bad, this = a -
2:

cpu is the same i'm transfering him from my old computer Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting HT Technology 3.20 GHz, 512K Cache, 800 MHz FSB

If the CPU works in the computer that you have removed it from then this is a +
3:

and the ram are the same 1 gb ddr2

Like the CPU if the Ram works in the computer that you have removed it from then this is a +

If numbers two and three are confirmed as each being a + then the MB is most likely bad.

Advertisements

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i had the same problem in this computer im using him right now. He didn't work then 1 week later i try again and it worked now im using it

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
To protect your own health and safety and that of others I strongly suggest that you approach a suitably qualified local technician and have all of the components that you have acquired conclusively tested, a competent local tech will be better placed to advise you as to whether or not the components that you have are safe to use.

The stability of the hardware that you have is of a major concern to me and so I do not feel that it is appropriate for me to offer any further troubleshooting guidance in case there is a serious malfunction.

Stay safe and be sure to isolate all sources of electricity before reaching inside the case.