Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

win32:dropper-gen [drp] Going to need some help here...

• Please log in to reply

tekelectric

tekelectric

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok so this is what happened, I was got home, booted up my computer, and opened up Raidcall which is a voice chat primarily used for gaming. When I opened it, my Avast! found this virus win32:dropper-gen [drp]. When this happened, Avast! recommended me to do a boot-time scan. I did it and it found the virus and gave me a few options for fixing, repairing, or ignoring it. I decided to fix it automatically and it moved it to the virus chest and ran another scan. This made my impatient and I skipped the scan so I can boot up. After my computer derping and hanging on the login screen displaying "preparing windows" I restarted to get my computer to login right. After deleting the virus in the chest I decided to run full scans using Avast! and MalwareBytes. I then restarted my computer to make sure and tried to reinstall Raidcall. This is where I get frustrated. I see the virus AGAIN while downloading the program's exe. I decided to go into safe mode and run MalwareBytes's quick scan which found nothing. I went back and deleted anything relating to raidcall which was another exe file I downloaded a few months ago. I redownloaded raidcall's exe and there was nothing to be found. But at this point I'm kinda skeptical. Can someone help me make sure this thing is TRULY gone?

Advertisements