Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot load most websites except in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

tmorg

tmorg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
As of a couple days ago, I have not been able to connect to most websites. If I do, it's after repeatedly attempting, and even then it may only load half way. Google will load most of the time, as will other low information websites. After doing a little experimenting with streaming media, I found that it will allow a small amount of information in every minute or so. While in safe mode with networking, everything internet based works perfectly fine.

I have run many different scanners (tdsskiller, avast, malwarebytes, ccleaner, adwcleaner, etc), which do find things, but nothing that ends up fixing the issue. I am not sure if this is malware or maybe even something that is occurring due to user ignorance. I am using windows 7. The only thing I can think of doing directly before the issue started was updating Java and Avast. Any help is greatly appreciated

Edited by tmorg, 22 January 2014 - 11:25 PM.

Advertisements