Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

surround sound

• Please log in to reply

kimmymiller

kimmymiller

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi could anybody help me ive bought a ZOO STORM A10-5700 pc desk top And im wanting it to work though my surround sound system , At the mo I have audio cables from the computers mic to the surround sound ,which gets all the speakers to work but not like it should . do I need a new sound card ?
the back of the pc is a HDMI which connects to the TV and audio green blue n pink slots .
Thanks for any replies .
kimmy.

Advertisements

kimmymiller

kimmymiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
bump

Elliot

Elliot

Retired Staff

• Expert
  • 3,769 posts
Hi kimmymiller!

Does your surround sound receiver have an HDMI input? I would recommend connecting your laptop to your receiver with HDMI, then the receiver to the television the same way.

Let me know if this helps.

Elliot

kimmymiller

kimmymiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ho elliot thanks for ur reply . The receiver only has one hdmi connection which is used for the tv at the mo .

Elliot

Elliot

Retired Staff

• Expert
  • 3,769 posts
Hi kimmymiller!

Please answer the following for me:
  • What model receiver do you have?
  • What model tv?
  • How do you get your television programming (cable, satellite, etc.)?
  • What other components do you have connected to your receiver? DVD, CD, console game, etc?

Thanks!

Elliot

kimmymiller

kimmymiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi elliot ive got a sony dvd home theatre system dav-tz140 , as it is now audio cables (red n blue) going into the pc' s headphone slot ( zoo storm a10-5700) the back of the pc has a hdmi slot going to the tv (Hitachi 50"led) the tvs second hdmi slot goes to the sony surround sound system .
so no slots left . Thinking may be I need a new sound card for pc myself , but not sure which the best .

Elliot

Elliot

Retired Staff

• Expert
  • 3,769 posts
Hi kimmymiller!

Actually, with HDMI, your computer's output is fine. Unfortunately, it is your receiver which is the issue here, as it only has one input. If you truly want to get better sound from your PC, you will need a new receiver. One with at least one HDMI input.

Hope this helps!

Elliot

kimmymiller

kimmymiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Think I might have the saloution .
vga cable from pc to tv , hdmi from pc to receiver then audio cables from receiver to tv

Elliot

Elliot

Retired Staff

• Expert
  • 3,769 posts
The HDMI will certainly get you the surround sound from your PC, however, you will lose surround sound from your television. The most important thing, though, is that you get the sound you are looking for. :)