Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What's this light? ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer

• Please log in to reply

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Any idea what this red LED light is indicating? A warning or problem of some sort? Sorry I had to use flash when I took the pic. It's the red LED light to the right of the CMOS battery. Underneath the light it says, "BIOS_A_LED1"
One issue I am having with this PC is the power button and reset button lights on the computer case do not light up. Normally they should. They should remain constant when the PC is in use, and flashing when it is asleep. Been trying to figure out why this is not the case and I'm wondering if the red LED light might be an indicator of this problem. Motherboard is an ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer

Posted Image

Edited by Webslinger64, 23 January 2014 - 11:44 AM.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
Refer P#23 MB/manual. Shows that Main BIOS is in use.A is the Main and B is the Backup.

Webslinger64

Webslinger64

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Gday.
Refer P#23 MB/manual. Shows that Main BIOS is in use.A is the Main and B is the Backup.

Thanks for the reply iammykyl. So it looks like the red LED light is supposed to be on, per the information on Pg. 23 in the MB manual, would you agree? The reason I ask is because I built two PC's using the ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer MB. One of them has the red LED BIOS A light always on, the other one doesn't have any red LED light on at all. Neither the BIOS A or BIOS B red LED is on, yet I am using that PC right now and have been for the past six weeks. It's been working great. So any idea why one MB would have the LED lit up and the other would not?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday.
. Yes, I would say the light should be on, if the B light was lit, it would indicate the main BIOS was corrupt or faulty. Just guessing, the board with no lit LED has a fault. I think in this case, you need to contact UEFI Tech Service, MB/manual, p#85.