Connection keeps reseting?
Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:40 PM
Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:11 AM
1. Check the cable for kinks, bends, overstretching, tears, etc. Also check cable ends to make sure the ethernet cable is set securely into the plastic connector. Improperly terminated cable ends can be a major contributor to intermittent connectivity.
2. Check the power cable to make sure that it is all the way plugged in.
3. Check the modem lights. Are they green or amber? Are they blinking or steady?
4. Try resetting the modem using the reset button.
5. Try hard reset by unplugging the modem.
6. Call your internet service provider and have them check the connection or even reset the connection from their end.
7. Swap out the modem for a new one from your internet service provider.
8. Check your computer for malware.
9. Check for Interferences. Do you have any power cables located next to your ethernet cable? Is there flourence lights, microwaves, or electrical appliances that have electrical motors that may be causing EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) in your environment?
10. Check the power outlet with a circuit tester to make sure that the right amount of current is coming through the socket. If you have a surge protector hooked up to your computer and electrical components in the area this is good. Over-voltage and under-voltage can cause issues with electronics.
11. Do one of these steps at a time so you know which solution was the fix for your situation.
Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:10 AM
Edited by Aukake, 25 January 2014 - 10:11 AM.
Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:53 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users