Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clean Computer Running Slow; Hard drive failure?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ThatOneLazyGuy

ThatOneLazyGuy

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello! I have just had my computer cleaned from the zeroaccess rootkit. It was an extensive cleaning process and I 100% positive the virus is gone. I have gone through two different forums, including the malware section of this forum, and both times, i was assured the computer is 100% clean. However, I still have a problem. The computer is still running extremely slowly. I think my hard drive might be wearing out, but cant be sure because the companies diagnostics scan doesnt detect the drive. Also I can hear one of the cooling fans constantly running loudly when anything is done to the hard drive. The computer is 3 years old. I have a hitachi hard drive. Please help me figure out the problem. Thanks in advance!

Duplicate topic closed.

Original topic here

Edited by phillpower2, 25 January 2014 - 04:33 AM.
Link added.

Advertisements