Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to recover loss data from a damaged hard disk

• Please log in to reply

davidmartin

davidmartin

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I accidentally lost data from my hard drive while formatting the system. I want to know a suitable way through which I could recover lost data even from a physically damaged hard disk. If you people have nay idea please let me know, its urgent.

Edited by admin, 15 March 2014 - 08:53 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
:welcome: davidmartin

I accidentally lost data from my hard drive while formatting the system.

Are you saying that you formatted the HDD without backing up your data first or are you recommending the services of the data recovery experts that you used :unsure:

I want to know a suitable way through which I could recover lost data even from a physically damaged hard disk.

Is this a hypothetical question or do you have a damaged HDD, if it is the latter can you please tell us what type of damage the HDD has suffered.

In answer to the above, re: Damaged HDDS. If the platters are damaged then there is very little if any chance of recovering the data, if however the HDDs PCB has been damaged these can often be replaced and the HDD can then be used again.

Data recovery experts are expensive + they cannot guarantee any data recovery let alone 100% success, hence the reason why backing up any/all important data asap is always recommended.

davidmartin

davidmartin

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for providing me information.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator