Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Java Issues

• Please log in to reply

IpkYouDrop

IpkYouDrop

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, so I'm trying to install JRE7 Update 51 but I'm receiving an error.

Installation Failed
The wizard was interrupted before Java 7 Update 51(64-bit) could be completely installed. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

I've been reading into this, yet can find no fix to my issue. Hoping somebody here will be able to help me! So some info:

After receiving this error Java appears in my Control Panel, I can open it and change settings within it.
Java does NOT appear in my "Programs and features" in ANY shape or form.
Microsoft FixIT does NOT detect any problems with installing/uninstalling.
I've tried Revo-Uninstaller but it won't work because Java "technically" isn't installed (according to the system.)
I HAVE tried JavaRa to no avail.
I am running 64-bit Windows 7 OS, so my install version is correct, I'm also using the offline installer.
I have also gone through and manually taken out all Java files.

EDIT: To clarify, I can remove Java completely from my system, but upon attempting a re-install the error continues to occur.

Apologies for no cropping, am in a bit of a rush.
Posted Image

Any help is greatly appreciated, Oracle offers no help and I've tried every answer I could find.

Thanks in advance, Spencer

Edited by IpkYouDrop, 26 January 2014 - 02:34 PM.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts
Hi Spencer :welcome:

You talked about JavaRa did you try to force the uninstall after updating the program definitions?

• Start the program
    Posted Image
  • click Update JavaRa Definitions
  • click Remove JRE

Posted Image
On the first step of removal the program will try to uninstall Java by running the Java Uninstaller, but on Step 2 will allow you to remove java completely if you press Perform Cleanup Routine.

IpkYouDrop

IpkYouDrop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Sleepdude,

Yes, I have done what's above. It does remove Java, but afterwards the error still occurs.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts
Hi,

Did you install Java 32-bit? If you install the 64-bit version only browsers that are 64-bit can use that java edition.

IpkYouDrop

IpkYouDrop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi,

Did you install Java 32-bit? If you install the 64-bit version only browsers that are 64-bit can use that java edition.

Yes, I've tried both versions. I believe Chrome is 32-bit

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts

Hi,

Yes, I've tried both versions. I believe Chrome is 32-bit

Exactly that's why you need to install Java 32-Bit. Is the one you have installed?

Make sure you have java enabled on the Chrome add-ons.

Edited by SleepyDude, 26 January 2014 - 04:59 PM.

IpkYouDrop

IpkYouDrop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll give it another try with 32-Bit, I'll report back momentarily

UPDATE: So I gave 32-Bit Java Offline Installation a try, same error *1*. I now have "Configure Java" in my start menu though. I can open it and get a dialogue window (Shown below *2*) when opening the about window it displays that Java7 Update 51 is installed(Shown below *2*), and when viewing my java versions it lists JRE7 as installed and enabled(Shown below *3*.) It's still not in my installed programs list, and I still cannot use Java Applications BUT according to the Java Website I DO have Update 51 Installed(Shown below *4*.)

*1*
Posted Image

*2*
Posted Image

*3*
Posted Image

*4*
Posted Image

Minecraft for example,
Posted Image

Edited by IpkYouDrop, 26 January 2014 - 06:07 PM.