Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Old Gateway with Windows XP ntldr missing now wont boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jamesstar

jamesstar

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I posted this in the computer wont boot forum as well, but I am not sure if its a malware issue, so I posted here too to try and follow forum rules, I really appreciate you guys having this forum. I dont know what to do I been working and stressing myself out so much about this problem.

I have an older gateway with windows XP home edition installed. I think i closed the wrong process thinking it was AVG, cause when I restarted computer it said ntldr missing. I put the XP cd in and chose the repair selection from there on the command line i did the copy d:\i386\ntldr c:\ thing (which fixed the ntldr missing problem)to get the ntldr back, but now it just starts up goes to the Gateway logo then switches to the PowerSaver Mode display then goes back to the Gateway logo screen, it just keeps doing this. The computer wont boot: load the OS, I cant figure out whats wrong its like it cant find the boot files. I have stuff on the hard drive so I dont want to do a complete reinstall of XP and lose all my data. I would really appreciate any help as I need the computer to do work. The boot version is 4.0.19 the gateway model # is MFATXSTLEL2FOKERNTD50051800 I dont know if that helps. I dont know if this is a malware issue or something else please help me.

Duplicate topic closed.

Issue resolved here

Edited by phillpower2, 30 January 2014 - 04:18 PM.
Link to topic post on malware forums added.

Advertisements