Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I got scammed on the phone, ya i fell for it [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jjam04

jjam04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello again,

so I could not follow your steps how you laid them out but I did manage to create a restore point before I removed the other user account.

Advertisements

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Sorry about that. I'll take a look at my destructions.

Step-1.

Posted Image OTL Fix

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

1. Please copy all of the text in the quote box below (Do Not copy the word Quote. To do this, highlight everything
inside the quote box (except the word Quote) , right click and click Copy.

:COMMANDS
[createrestorepoint]

:OTL
O4 - HKU\S-1-5-21-1489219213-3380654759-245415699-1000..\Run: [ISUSPM] -scheduler File not found
[2013/12/26 12:49:55 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] -- C:\Users\Jason\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

:REG
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules]
"{2B158424-1C6A-4C71-BD0D-3784A767D728}" =-

:COMMANDS
[emptytemp]

Warning: This fix is relevant for this system and no other. If you are not this user, DO NOT follow these directions as they could damage the workings of your system.

2. Please re-open Posted Image on your desktop. To do that:
  • Vista and 7 users: Right click the icon and click Run as Administrator
3. Place the mouse pointer inside the Posted Image textbox, right click and click Paste. This will put the above script inside the textbox.
4. Click the Posted Image button.
5. Let the program run unhindered.
6. OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
7. Click the Posted Image button.
8. A report will open. Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.
9. If the machine reboots, the log will be located at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log, (where mmddyyyy_hhmmss is the date of the tool run).

Before running Steps 2 and 3 please disable any screen saver you have running.

Step-2.

Posted ImageMalwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Close all programs and browsers on your computer and disable any screen saver you might have running.

• Right click the MalwareBytes icon on the desktop and click Run As Administrator, then click the Continue button on the UAC window. You will now be at the main program as shown below.

Posted Image
  • Click the Update tab and update the program if required.
  • Click the Scanner tab, make sure the the Quick scan option is selected and then click on the Scan button to start scanning your computer.
    MBAM will now start scanning your computer for malware. This process can take quite a while, so I suggest you go and do something else and periodically check on the status of the scan. When MBAM is scanning it will look like the image below.

Posted Image
  • When the scan is finished a message box will appear as shown in the image below.

Posted Image

You should click on the OK button to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • You will now be back at the main Scanner screen. At this point you should click on the Show Results button.
  • A screen displaying all the malware that the program found will be shown as seen in the image below. Please note that the infections found may be different than what is shown in the image.

Posted Image
  • Make sure that everything is checked EXCEPT items in System Restore (see the image below), and click Remove Selected<---Very Important.

Posted Image
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Step-3.

Run ESET Online Scanner:

Note: Optimized for Internet Explorer but you can use Chrome or Mozilla FireFox for this scan.

Important! You will need to disable your currently installed Anti-Virus program, how to do so can be read here.

Vista / 7 users: You will need to to right-click on either the Internet Explorer or FF icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar on the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator from the context menu.

• Please go here then click on:

Posted Image

Note: If using Mozilla Firefox a window will open telling you that you will need to download the ESET Smart Installer. Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the Smart Installer. Save it to the desktop.
    When prompted double click on the Posted Image icon on the desktop. After successful installation of ESET Smart Installer ESET Online Scanner is launched in a new window.
    All of the below instructions are compatible with either Internet Explorer or Mozilla FireFox.

• A new window will open:

Posted Image
  • Select the option YES, I accept the Terms of Use then click on:

Posted Image
  • When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install. The following window will open:

Posted Image

• Uncheck the box beside Remove Found Threats
    • Check the box Scan archives.
  • Now click on Advanced Settings and select the following:
    • Scan for potentially unwanted applications
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth Technology
  • Now click on: Posted Image
  • The virus signature database will begin to download. Be patient this make take some time depending on the speed of your Internet Connection.
  • When completed the Online Scan will begin automatically. The scan may take several hours.
  • Wait for the scan to finish. Do not touch either the Mouse or keyboard during the scan. Otherwise it may stall.
When The Scan is Complete:

A.
If No Threats Were Found:
  • Put a checkmark in Uninstall application on close
  • Close the program
  • Report to me that nothing was found
B.
If Threats Were Found:
  • Click on list of threats found
  • Click on export to text file and save it to the desktop as ESET SCAN.txt
  • Click on Back
  • Put a checkmark in Uninstall application on close Be sure you have saved the file first
  • Click on Finish
  • Close the program
Don't forget to enable your Antivirus program and screen saver.

Now let's get an antivirus program on the computer.

Step-4.

Please go to our Free Antivirus and Antispyware Software page.
Look under the Free Antivirus Software heading and select one of the first 3 antivirus programs.
Download it and install it.

Step-5.

Things For Your Next Post:
Please post the logs in the order requested. Please don't attach the logs unless I request it.
1. Let me know which antivirus program you installed.
2. The OTL fixes log
3. The MalwareBytes log
4. The ESET scan log (IF it found anything). If it didn't just tell me.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.