Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Complete Removal(uninstall) Ad-Aware

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
Yesterday I downloaded AD-Aware Anti-virus from www.filehippo.com but after all was said and done, I couldn't get the definition updates so I decided to go with BitDefeneder instead. I did the usual un-install, then went to Revo Uninstaller to make sure nothing was left, but much to my dismay I couldn't shake off the Ad-Aware icon in the taskbar. I checked on Revo once again and there is no sign of Ad-Aware, but the Ad-Aware icon remains in the taskbar and I am still stuck with the Lavasoft Seure Search toolbar. I have checked on my Add/Remove Programs of the Control Panel and no sign of the program there either. I went to My Computer>C>Program Files....nothing remaining there also. So where do I go from here to remove that taskbar icon and the Lavasoft Secure Search?

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Reinstall Ad-aware then uninstall it with Revo. Don't run Revo after you have already uninstalled it via Add/Remove Programs, run it first.