Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 8.1 Permament Max Memory Use No Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

Paul RR

Paul RR

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, my system runs permamently on 100% memory, even in clean boot.

Thought I have memory leak, recorded pool activity with Windows Performance Recorder, dropped into Win Performance Analyzer - Pool Graph Section doesnt show any increasing memory use but EtwB uses 1.3GB. Can't locate the driver.

I've tried troubleshooting, driver updates, poolmon, registry cleaning.

Think started when I've uninstalled Photoshop, Indesign and McAfee at once.

Uninstalled McAfee for Avast, uninstalled Avast - run without antivirus now.

Win 8.1 64 bit 16 GB Ram, i7-4500U, Dell Inspiron 7000

Any Ideas Please?

Attached Thumbnails

• processes.jpg
  • memory.jpg
  • ss.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
:welcome: Paul RR

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number/s for the MB and the Ram, providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

If you are not already aware of this Windows 8 has it`s own AV protection, this is the new and improved Windows Defender and it basically offers the same protection as Microsoft Security Essentials, if no third party AV software is detected by W8 Defender should auto enable to protect your computer, on occasion it does not auto enable though so can you please check if it has in, Control Panel > System and Security > Action Center > Ensure that each appropriate security setting is "on".